Daedric Titans, commonly referred to simply as Titans, are giant winged Daedra that serve Molag Bal as war-slaves. They were first created in imitation of the dragons of Nirn when Bal's interrogation of Boziikkodstrun proved fruitless. After modifying Boziikkodstrun's skeleton and substituting his soul for a Daedric vestige, Bal transformed him into the first Titan. Daedric Titans are anatomically similar to dragons, although with dark black skin and prehensile frontal limbs. They have the ability to speak a spell of flaming essence-drain that can debilitate an opponent with a single word, similar to the power of the thu'um. They are notoriously difficult to kill.
They serve Molag Bal as the guardians of souls,[UOL 1] and therefore the keepers of black soul gems. However, they are also posted to guard other strategic resources.[UOL 1] According to some sources, Titans were released upon Tamriel for the first time[nb 1] during the attempted Planemeld of the Second Era. Specifically, Molag Bal released them into the skies over the Imperial City when a portal to Coldharbour was opened above the White-Gold Tower in 2E 582.
Daedric Titans eventually came to serve other Daedric Princes, such as Boethiah, who had them summoned to fight mortals for her amusement. Mehrunes Dagon has Ash Titans in his army. Unlike its blue cousins, Ash Titans have red skin, and breathe regular flames rather than blue cold-fire.
- Molag Bal has referred to the titan Ozozzachar as his son.
- Sotha Sil constructed a Clockwork Titan to house the soul of Saint Olms the Just during an experiment to see if he could grant mortals everlasting life.
The skeleton of a Daedric Titan in Artaeum
- Daedra Dossier: The Titans — Denogorath the Dread Archivist
- Kyne's Challenge: A Hunter's Companion: Elsweyr
- The Improved Emperor's Guide to Tamriel: Dreams of Cyrodiil — Flaccus Terentius, 2E 581
- Summoned Titans' presence during Round 7 of Dragonstar Arena in ESO
- Return to Ash quest in ESO
- The Endless Stair loading screen in ESO
- Heart of Zandadunoz
- Molag Bal's dialogue at Dark Anchors in ESO
- Alienist Llandras's dialogue during Saints' Mercy in ESO
Note: The following references are considered to be unofficial sources. They are included to round off this article and may not be authoritative or conclusive.
- Description in Elder Scrolls Online – exclusive concept art gallery – in pictures The Guardian article