|This page is currently being redesigned for the Lore Places Project (LPP).
The page may need work to meet the standards outlined on the project page.
The only known map showing Cespar
Cespar (also spelled Caspar) is a large island off the western coast of Hammerfell, south of Herne. Tralan the Two-Blade, a Redguard swordsman who became one of Emperor Titus Mede I's most valued men, hailed from Cespar.
Sometime in the mid-Second Era, the former noblewoman, Lady Benwyne Thronebane was exiled to the island of Cespar and lived there since at least 2E 582. When the Painted Eye took over the citadel Borderwatch in southern Cyrodiil, they made a demand to free Lady Thronebane but it was later revealed that all of their demands were a ruse. The island was considered by the Empire to be Hammerfell's territory in 2E 864, but by the late Third Era, the island appeared to be unaffiliated with any province in certain maps.
- The original spelling Caspar is seen on the map of West Tamriel, but the island is later called Cespar in The Infernal City due to most fan maps at the time misspelling the name.
- ^ Map of West Tamriel
- ^ The Infernal City — Gregory Keyes
- ^ Demands of the Painted Eye
- ^ Map from Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: Invocation — Imperial Geographical Society, 2E 864
- ^ Oblivion map of Tamriel