|To meet our site's higher standard of quality, this article or section may require cleanup. The user who placed this here had the following concern:
Needs to be updated with Elsweyr chapter info, particularly the Betrayer stuff
To leave a message about the cleanup for this article, please add it to this article's .
|Sir Cadwell of Codswallop|
Shadow Dance Temple
Sir Cadwell of Codswallop, also known as Cadwell the Betrayer, is the oldest of the Soul Shriven of Coldharbour. A cheerful and endearingly mad lost soul, he was said to be insane when he still lived in Tamriel, which is credited as the reasoning behind him not becoming feral like the other soul shriven. He said his head was "quite unceremoniously" separated from his body (decapitation).
In his many years living in Coldharbour, Cadwell has since discovered all the nooks, crannies, secret paths, and hidden locations the realm has to offer. His extensive knowledge of Coldharbour makes him nigh impossible to hold captive, and the Daedra gave up on trying to keep him in chains long ago. During the Planemeld, he assisted the Soulless One and Lyris Titanborn in escaping from the Wailing Prison and once again helping them rescue Abnur Tharn from the Castle of the Worm, perhaps even coming back with them to the Harborage in Tamriel. Throughout the joint Mages Guild and Fighters Guild coalition's invasion of Coldharbour, Cadwell assisted in guiding rescued persons back to the Hollow City. He also helped Vanus Galerion destroy the Great Shackle and joined in on Meridia's confrontation against Molag Bal in the Planar Vortex. Following Molag Bal's defeat, Cadwell became a servant of Meridia and granted the Soulless One the opportunity to visit the territories of the Alliances they weren't a part of.
- Prior to the expansion of his background in the ESO Elsweyr chapter, Cadwell was originally said to have been an Imperial citizen from the town of Chorrol in his previous life, executed by the agents of Molag Bal, but exactly how this happened was never expanded upon.[UOL 1]
- For game-specific information, see the Cadwell the Soulshriven ESO and Legends articles. For the Cadwell the Betrayer articles, see the ESO and Legends articles.
- Cadwell's Personal Anthem by Sir Cadwell
- Chronicles of the Five Companions 9 by Sir Cadwell of Codswallop — The personal recollections of the Five Companions
- Crafting Motif 29: Soul-Shriven Style by Sir Cadwell the Undaunted, Knight of the Court of Coldharbour, Champion of Chivalry, Defender of the Defenseless, Shepherd to the Soul-Shriven — Sir Cadwell presents the Soul-Shriven Style
Note: the following references are not from official sources. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.