Layout & Geography
Archon is located on the southeast coast of the Padomaic Ocean, around marshlands. The sea surrounding Archon and nearby Lilmoth are riddled with countless pirates. There is Guar that live in the general area. A coastal tribe of Argonians near Archon was able to breed the Glowgill Guar, which was supposedly able to breathe underwater. Archon contains the training facility for the Shadowscales, Argonians born under The Shadow that would go on to serve the Dark Brotherhood and Sithis. The facility has since gone into disrepair. Archon is neighbored by several settlements, including Portdun Mont in the northwest, and Seafalls in the north.
Archon's founding is unknown. But before it was founded, the Barsaebic Ayleids, and other tribal elves like the Cantemiric Velothi, settled along the east coast, around both Archon and Thorn. But these cultures have since fallen into obscurity. During the Blackwater War in 1E 2833, the Imperial General, Lucinia Falco had taken over the Imperial Legion and begun the third campaign against the Argonian homeland. In the early years of the "Falco Doctrine," the General urged the Second Empire to temporary recruit the pirates off the southeast coast, and so in conjunction with the Diamond Marines, the Empire was able to take control of the cities of Archon and Lilmoth. Lucinia's campaign across Argonia would result in the formation of the province of Black Marsh. During the Imperial Simulacrum in the late Third Era, the city-state of Archon was an active settlement, being ruled by King Herula. It had a rivalry with Lilmoth and Thorn.
- Arena was originally conceived as a fighting game featuring a tournament that took the player to each of Tamriel's cities to challenge different gladiatorial teams. According to a file from that stage of development left behind in the final game, Archon's gladiatorial team would have been called "the Plague".[UOL 1]
- Map of Black Marsh — The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Blackwater War, Volume 7 — Valenca Arvina, Historian-in-Residence at Gwylim University
- The description of the Glowgill Guar in ESO
- Cicero's Journal - Volume 1 — Cicero
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 3rd Edition: The War with the Trees: Argonia and the Black Marsh — Imperial Geographical Society, 3E 432
- Events of Arena
Note: the following references are not from official sources. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.