|Previous Ruler||Pelagius Septim II|
|Next Ruler||Kintyra II|
Emperor Antiochus Septim was born in 3E 51[nb 1] and crowned the Emperor of Tamriel in 3E 98 or 3E 99 after the death of his father, Pelagius II. Antiochus was certainly one of the most flamboyant of the usually austere Septim family. He had many mistresses and nearly as many wives, and was renowned for his grandness of dress and his good humor. The province of Summerset was nearly lost to the Maormer under the leadership of Antiochus, 11 years (3E 110) after he took the throne. An alliance between Antiochus and the Kings of Summerset only managed to defeat King Orgnum of the island-kingdom of Pyandonea due to a freak storm. During one of their marine battles, Orgnum lost his legendary Coffer. Legend credits the Psijic Order of the Isle of Artaeum with the magic behind the storm. Unfortunately, his reign was rife with civil wars, surpassing even that of his grandfather Uriel II. Emperor Antiochus died after 13 years of rule and his daughter, Kintyra II, took the throne. He was considered a good ruler despite his drinking and "moral laxity".
- His character plays a substantial role in the popular historical fiction The Wolf Queen.
- ^ Tamriel's Timeline, The Daggerfall Chronicles — Ronald Wartow
- ^ The Third Era Timeline — Jaspus Ignateous
- ^ a b c Brief History of the Empire v 1 — Stronach k'Thojj III
- ^ Arena quest dialogue
- ^ Codex Scientia, page 128
- ^ Fragment: On Artaeum — Taurce il-Anselma
- ^ Biography of the Wolf Queen — Katar Eriphanes