Alabaster is a city in eastern Elsweyr, found inland from the Niben River. It is said that great white walls surround the city, hence the name. A small unnamed town is located outside the city walls, to the west.
At the time of the Imperial Simulacrum, the city was ruled by King Mojnir and was a rival of Senchal and Rimmen. It was neighbored by several settlements, including Darkarn Place to the west, and Valley Guard to the northwest. Rumors about the Chrysamere began in the city during this time.[UOL 1]
- Arena was originally conceived as a fighting game featuring a tournament that took the player to each of Tamriel's cities to challenge different gladiatorial teams. According to a file from that stage of development left behind in the final game, Alabaster's gladiatorial team would have been called "the Nightrunners".[UOL 2]
- In the mid-Second Era, the youth of Alabaster purportedly found it fashionable to place their honorifics before their names, rather than after in the typical Khajiiti custom of that time—a practice which seemed to have spread to other Khajiit by the Third Era.
- Alabaster location and rumors in Arena
- Night Mother circa 3E 433 - Whispers of Death
- The Eagle and the Cat — Lord Gharesh-ri, Speaker for the Mane
- Free Market of the People
- Map of Elsweyr — The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- Khajiiti Honorifics — Lady Radurra-dra of Torval
Note: the following references are not from official sources. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.