Legends: Legends Asia
The Elder Scrolls: Legends Asia is an online strategy card game spin-off of the Elder Scrolls franchise, co-developed by Bethesda Softworks and GAEA Mobile Ltd for iOS and Android. It is a separate game from The Elder Scrolls: Legends, developed specifically for the Asian market. Legends Asia is free-to-play and includes microtransactions.
This game was only available for download in Asian territories. Pre-registration opened at the end of 2019, and the game launched on November 28, 2019. On December 10, 2019, GAEA announced that the winding down of development work on Legends would not impact Legends Asia, which was now the primary focus for continued development of the game. On October 29, 2020, account creation was disabled and it was announced that the Asian servers will be shutting down on December 31, 2020.
- Legends Asia uses a separate client and has a different UI. needs more detail
- Although many different card sets had already been released for Legends, Legends Asia launched with only the Core Set. Since development work had ceased, existing expansions were planned to be released gradually, although only The Fall of the Dark Brotherhood and Heroes of Skyrim were added.
- Different in-game events were held. For example, special "New Year's Quests" were available during the 2020 Chinese New Year event, and a unique card back not present in the original release was offered as a possible reward.
- The game used a premium currency called Crown Coins for in-game microtransactions.
- The Hero Pass and Attribute Proficiency are two features introduced only for the Asian client.
- Three new Leaderboards were added for Legends Asia. Rank Leaderboards are ladder leaderboards; the higher ELO you get, the higher rank you will be on the leaderboard. Players on the Rank Leaderboards will be granted rewards at the middle and end of each season. Ten different Class Leaderboards were available for the ten unique classes. The top players' decks on both Rank and Class Leaderboards can be viewed by other players, and the recipe is available for only 1 Gold. Collections Leaderboards were also added for players who focus on completing their card collection, with rewards that depend on the cost of all the cards in your Collection; card backs, avatar rings and other decorations were rewarded each week.
- Legends Asia is not to be confused with the cancelled Chinese version of the game, which was never released.