Dragonborn talk:March of the Dead
Essential Ash spawn
Getting the ash spawn to respawn by either bypassing them or waiting long enough after completing the quest provides permanent targets for weapons and magic training. But they are leveled and quite dangerous. — Unsigned comment by Sniffles (talk • contribs) at 07:56 on 31 July 2014
- It seems we need some clarification regarding the following bug that was changed:
- Bypassing the first three ash spawn encountered at the beginning and going directly to Fort Frostmoth to finish the quest may make the three ash spawn in the beginning unable to be damaged or affected in any way. These ash spawn may also respawn. Either way, they will then be essential. They may be encountered fighting with the Madman who is also essential. This can result in a perpetual battle where they beat him until he drops to the recovery position, he recovers, they attack again and ad infinitum.
- Has the respawning as essential issue been investigated? We have at least one player experience saying that this happens; I'd like to hear more. ⇠eshetalk 13:03, 31 July 2014 (GMT)
- As I said in the edit summary, the bit about the madman was removed because it isn't part of the bug proper, it just describes the way hostile enemies act towards each other and how a battle between two essential NPCs would play out. If they're respawning as essential creatures, that's a separate issue, because you can't respawn if you can't be killed. The respawning as essential part should probably be added as a separate entry with a vn tag for now. Zul se onikaanLaan tinvaak 14:40, 31 July 2014 (GMT)
- I have a screenshot of an ash spawn. Standing there with glowing eyes, growling, frozen in place. ToggleactorsAI then Disable and it respawned when I left the cell and returned. The Madman we managed to kill respawned. I was able to semi defeat the respawning by typing markfordelete then leaving the cell, escaping, and returning, leaving it as described. But of course, nothing I contribute has the slightest value. Sniffles (talk) 10:10, 14 August 2014 (GMT) KMA, darling.