Dragonborn talk:Falas Selvayn
Enter the Cell
What does "enter the cell" mean? Is there some trick to getting Falas to show up? I've sat in the chair and let the six hour time frame run through without ever seeing him. SonGoharotto (talk) 00:24, 15 December 2012 (GMT)
- If the note is correct, then you have to leave the area, then come back during those hours for him to appear. Waiting in that area during those times won't work. — ABCface◥ 04:15, 15 December 2012 (GMT)
- Yeah Alphabetface is correct. I actually was the one who did the testing on that. If you wait in the shack he will not appear. However if you for example hang out at one of the towns till 11:30 and fast travel to the shack he will be there because the cell loaded between 12am and 6am. Lord Eydvar Talk|Contribs 09:09, 15 December 2012 (GMT)
- Please define "area". Waiting at the Temple of Miraak until after midnight, and then traveling to the Ramshackle Trading Post, does not cause Falas Selvayn to spawn. Looking at the Map, you would think the Temple and the Trading Post wouldn't be in the same "area".
What is needed is for someone to determine where the boundaries of this particular gameworld cell are, and describe those boundaries here, in terms of Map Locations. Surely, the cell boundary info must be available to those people on PC. The current info on the page is to vague to be of much use. Evil-i (talk) 23:06, 23 April 2015 (GMT)
Pickpocket w/o misdirection
Is it possible to reverse pickpocket a stronger bow on him so he wears it, then the next night pickpocket the unique bow? 126.96.36.199 10:23, 23 February 2013 (GMT)
- It is possible. I actually bought his own bow at the exact value of it after reverse-picpocketing a Nordic Carved Mace onto him and them buying the Ebony Bow he had for sale (it was in his actual inventory, not his merchant one). Taking that bow forced him to re-equip his weapon, just like a follower, and because of his primary skills he equipped the mace and thus could sell his unique bow.--Playerseekingbugs (talk) 04:06, 8 April 2013 (GMT)
- Misdirection makes the entire thing easier, though. When stealing the Glass Bow, there's a gap in the shack's wall boards, in the rear wall, which allows you to do your pickpocketing from outside without having to enter his line of sight. If the Stolen Tag on the Bow bothers you, you can then simply sell the Bow to Falas and then buy it back from him, but that requires the Fence Perk in the Speech Skill. (It's possible to sell stolen items to merchants without having to invest in their business.) You come out a few Septims behind, but with all the free Gold and Loot the game throws at you, being on the losing side of a transaction once in a while shouldn't be a hardship. Unique Items are worth it, at least to the "Museum Curator/Collector" type of gamer. By the way, is this Bow truly unique, or does it respawn in his inventory when he resets? 188.8.131.52 21:10, 4 May 2015 (GMT)
It should probably be noted that Falas Selvayn is one of the only to merchants in the game who sells guaranteed samples of Daedra Hearts, and the only merchant in the game as far as I know who sells human flesh and human hearts.