|Respawn Time||10 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|North of Fahlbtharz
South of Northshore Landing
|# of Stalhrim Deposits||10|
The Stalhrim Source is a sunken hole in the ground, appearing similar to an entrance to some Nordic ruins. It is found in the northwest part of Solstheim, south of Northshore Landing and east of Bristleback Cave and Broken Tusk Mine.
The only even approach is from the west through a gap in the mountain peaks, reached by going south or west from White Ridge Barrow and following a slope to the right, though you may also approach by climbing down from other directions. There is a stone fence around the top and a tall stone to the right of the gap in the fence that allows access to the curved stairs. Heading down the staircase reveals multiple draugr coffins that are open, but are frozen over with stalhrim. There are ten sarcophagi in all. Three sarcophagi to the north, three to the south and two to the west partially buried in snow and two sarcophagi in the center. They are all upright, except the two in the middle which are laying flat. Once you've mined the Stalhrim from each of the sarcophagi you can loot each of the dead draugr for a selection of coins, gems, weapons and armor.
- The map marker for this location does not appear until after you have read the Stalhrim Source Map from the quest A New Source of Stalhrim.
- If you do not read the map before returning it to Baldor, the map marker will be added on completion of the quest.
- You may be unable to mine Stalhrim deposits after they respawn. They appear icy but only offer the option to "Search Draugr".
- Leaving the cell by fast travel away and then returning will enable the deposits, allowing you to mine them normally.
- On PSVR, you may need to do the above, as well as strike/pick more often; a few dozen times per ore.