Dragonborn:Experimental Subject (B)
For the alternate version, see Experimental Subject (A).
- Speak to Neloth.
- Allow him to cast a new silence spell on you.
- Demand repayment for the spell's failure.
The Eighth Silence
Neloth is excited about his new research. Offer to help and he will explain that he is working on a new silence spell. If you agree to help Neloth will reply, "Excellent. If this works, I'll prepare a version that you can cast yourself, if you ever wish to inflict... er, study silence." He will then prepare and cast the spell.
You will be rendered blind for a short time, and your stamina will drain. In the dark, Neloth will speak to you, while a panicked Talvas Fathryon interjects:
|Talvas:||"Master Neloth! What have you done to him/her? What are those things growing out of his/her eyes?"|
|Neloth:||"Well that's unexpected. I presume you are blind, given the state of your eyes. It's nothing that can't be fixed. The spell that is. I think I can fix the spell. It should only take a couple more years. But first, I need some data. Try wiggling them. No, don't shake your fist. Wiggle the tentacle things where your eyes used to be."|
|Talvas:||"I think I'm going to be sick."|
|Neloth:||"Hmm. From the way they are waving about, I'm assuming they aren't under your control. And I see now that your tongue is also...well, it's probably best if I don't say. Don't bother trying to scream though."|
|Talvas:||"Is it over yet? Does he/she have eyes again?"|
|Neloth:||"It looks like it's beginning to wear off. Hmm. Your eyes appear to be completely back to normal. Interesting."|
Your sight will automatically be restored at this point. You can ask Neloth for compensation:
- I think you owe me for that spell.
- "I suppose I do. It's too bad it wore off so quickly though. Unfortunately you don't appear to be suffering from any side effects. Anyway, take this for your time."
He will give you 250 gold.
- After the conversation is completed your screen may remain black. UI elements will be visible, but the environment will not.
|Experimental Subject (DLC2TTR4b)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 150: Help Neloth with his research
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 105, 110.