|Unique Item: Bloodscythe (xx018ddd)
|When wielded with Soulrender, absorbs 15 health and has a chance to weaken enemy armor:
- Absorb Health, 15 pts
- Bloodscythe Armor Reduction, 50 pts for 15 seconds
|Charge/Cost = Uses
Bloodscythe is a scimitar which is one of the twin swords of the legendary Nord pirate captain Haknir Death-Brand. The sword can be found in Gyldenhul Barrow, next to the skeleton of its former owner in his burial chamber. It is identical to a normal scimitar, except that its base damage is two points higher. Its enchantment only triggers when dual-wielded with Soulrender, and will absorb 15 points of health with a 24% chance to sunder the enemy's armor.
- Another version of Bloodscythe (baseid xx037ff2) is wielded by the ghost of Haknir Death-Brand during the related quest. It is identical to the obtainable version, but is marked as unplayable.
- Myrwatch's galleryCC contains a special holder for this item.
- Attempting to place Bloodscythe on a weapon plaque or on a weapon rack may result in the weapon disappearing. However, you can drop Bloodscythe and Soulrender into a display case from your inventory (do not activate the case). [PS3] There may be a danger of this sword disappearing from a display case as well.
- If you drop Bloodscythe after recharging it, the charge may be lost. ?
- If you save the game with Bloodscythe in your targeting reticule before picking it up and then load the game from anywhere within the barrow, you may be unable to pick up the sword. ?