How to remove patch 2? I downloaded the free on line copy from bethesda and it came patched to latest. Don't have disk to install unpatched and bring up like wiki suggests. I need to to join multiple temples(makes no rp sense to be forced monotheistic in a world where 8 gods share a pantheon and each represent different things. (Ex romans could have mernerva mars and juipiter so why must i only have stendarr?)) SO if somebody could post the actual patch's files(the .exe installer program doesn't run on my pc and in dosbox doesn't have access to write to a folder?)for 1.79 and 2.13 so I can patch it manually. or if you can point me to a mod that allows multiple affiliations. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on January 15, 2012 08:13
Cheat mode doesn't work?
The cheatmode doesn't work... I've added CHEATMODE 1 to the z.cfg file... and none of the cheats are working... ctrl+f1 even opens some kind of keymapping thing... And mapping the keys to press the cheat keys does nothing... The Pessimist 08:40, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
- Z.CFG and related documentation is CORRECT. The problem YOUR keybindings for DOSBox. RTFM. --Uniblab 22:57, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
- I blame bethsoft's install instructions... They ignored the existence of the patch! Seriously, at least not have patched.txt in the folder until you run the patch... Strange thing is, it was still more stable than morrowind... The Pessimist 02:03, 4 September 2009 (UTC)
- I'm an idiot... I just re-checked the install instructions... they DO mention the patch... The Pessimist 12:06, 4 September 2009 (UTC)
Quest location cycling
I have just tested it in DosBox 0.73 + Daggerfall 2.13. The quest location cycle worked perfectly. Please have a few people verify and change the info in the cheats page - it scared me to death. - 126.96.36.199 09:43, 9 November 2009 (UTC)
- I've opted to remove the line right away. It seems that editor that posted that may have had trouble with assigning keys to DOSBox, keys that conflicted with Daggerfall's. Thanks for testing this. --Timenn-<talk> 11:43, 13 November 2009 (UTC)
Reseting Attribute Totals During Character Creation
It is just me, or is the only use of this cheat making your attributes LOWER than the game wants them to be (And only as low as 10, not into the negatives) seeing as the CharGen screen does not allow you to have negative points available to distribute. 188.8.131.52 08:09, 11 September 2011 (UTC)
HOW TO REVERT TO OLD PATCHES? I DOWNLOADED THE FREE VERSION FROM BETHESDA AND IT COMES PREPATCHED TO LAST. I WANT TO PLAY PRE 1.91 SINCE I WISH TO JOIN MULTIPLE GUILDS AND TEMPLES(in a religion where 8 gods share a pantheon in which they represent different things no rp reason why i can only worship one)
Old Version of FIXSAVE
You may need to run an old version of FIXSAVE to get the game running now. I transfer games from v2.13 to v1.79 running v1.1 of FIXSAVE and it works fine.
Can't add cheatmode to Z.cfg
I receive a message "access denied" whenever I attempt to modify the z.cfg file and add the cheatmode. Any help with this problem would be appreciated. I am opening Z.cfg in a wordpad document and changing CHEATMODE 0 to CHEATMODE 1. THanks in advance, — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 04:55 on 4 December 2013 (GMT)
- If you go here, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/access-denied-need-permission-to-save-a-simple/c6ae0c54-4498-45a0-a89e-8c9906d8f242 , you will find how to make it so you can edit the document. Hope this helps! — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 00:45 on 13 July 2014 (GMT)
First Person on the Cheats Page
Style guide says we shouldn't use first person on most pages, however due to the nature of this page there are a lot of people using first person pronouns and a first person writing style on this page. IS this something that needs cleaning up or can we leave it alone because of what the page is? --13thSyndicate (talk) 11:07, 12 May 2015 (GMT)
- It's perfectly fine to clean up this page. A lot of sections need to be rewritten in an encyclopaedic style. —Legoless (talk) 12:50, 12 May 2015 (GMT)
- I've begun the process of cleaning this page, but it's going to take a while. Just leaving a note that I got up to the Soulbound items cheat section. There are multiple near-identical entries there.
This page needs a major overhaul
Its poorly written, and terribly disorganized.
This article has grown quite long and is filled with possibly extraneous information and should be completely overhauled.
The whole article needs to be proof read and edited to fit with UESP's Manuel of style.
Just skimming though this article I found some profound examples of bad writing, for instance:
- Want to make level 30 in about 30 min? I found this out after my long sword skill got to 100 and i was level 15. It said i was a master and could no longer advance. Why bother playing if you can't go up in level or hit points. So with any skill editor you open up the skills and add 15 points to one primary skill, save and exit. Load the game in daggerfall and rest for 7 hours...and poof...
and that's just one of the many examples of sloppy writing which looks more like a fan make faq rather that something found on a quality wiki site.
Also many of the exploits mentioned in this article hasn't been verified with any other editors. Some of quite well known and should stay in unchallenged (such as traveling through the void in dungeons or stealing from shops after hours) however others should at least have a "needs verification tag" such as leveling up mercantile (which I actually verified myself to be true, but other editors might want to confirm this with me) or leveling up to 255 (in fact that whole section needs to be rewritten quite extensively since it has repeated updates listed in its own subsections)