- Summon Vaernima on the 10th of Sun's Height.
- Head to the dungeon named by Vaernima.
- Find and kill the lich within.
- Travel to the town named by Vaernima.
- Meet her worshipper there within the time limit and receive the Skull of Corruption.
The Power of Corruption
Vaernima speaks to you,
- "A very wise (player's race) once said that power corrupts, and absolute power is absolutely fabulous. That's why I am going to help you. Now, I'm sure you have certain moral problems with murdering an innocent who never hurt you in any way. But you'll do it to win my Skull of Corruption, yes?"
Vaernima goes on,
- "Grand. The particular innocent I have in mind is a Lich. You're probably thinking, an innocent lich? Well, innocent to you. To me, he is a treacherous former servant who took all the power I offered him, and ignored my orders. You will find his cadaverous presence in (dungeon). He's nervous, so be ready for a battle. After your victory, go to (town), and look for my servant (worshipper's name), a (worshipper's description) at (building)."
Vaernima shouts disgustedly,
- "No? Why ... you ... contemptible, sniveling, virtuous, sterling piece of goblin snot! I'm not going waste my precious time with anyone so poisonously moral."
The Wayward Servant
Travel to the dungeon named by Vaernima and enter it. Once inside, find and destroy the lich. There may be multiple enemies of this type within the dungeon, but you must destroy the specified target to successfully complete the quest. When the target lich dies, a notification appears,
- You have slain the lich, fulfilling your part of the bargain with Lady Vaernima.
Once this is done, head to the town and building Vaernima named and meet her worshipper for your reward.
Speak to Vaernima's worshipper after the lich is dead and hear,
- "So, did the lich cough up a cloud of dust when it died? (Worshipper's name) here, (player's first name). Vaernima will be so pleased with the news. I hope you won't mind if I embellish a little about some horrible outrageous sins you in your journey. Here is The Skull of Corruption. Use it whenever you want a target to be faced with their darkest side. Farewell, (player's first name), but do bad."
If you successfully complete the Daedra Prince's task and receive the artifact, you will gain reputation according to the table below.
|Summoner's associated factions||+2|
If you fail the quest, you will lose reputation according to the table below.
|Summoner's associated factions||-1|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: One Lich
If you ask an NPC about Vaernima's worshipper, you may hear:
- "(Worshipper's name) is that creepy (worshipper's description) over at (building) to the (direction)."
- "(Worshipper's name) is the foul-smelling (worshipper's description) I saw at ( )."
- "(Worshipper's name) is one of Vaernima's agents of corruption in (region)."
- "(Worshipper's name) is one of Vaernima's dirty little spreaders of corruption."
If you ask an NPC about the Skull of Corruption, you may be told:
- "The Skull of Corruptions creates dark and oppositional duplicates of a target."
- "The Skull brings forth a target's dark half from Vaernima's plane of Oblivion."
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "There is a curse on this land while that lich remains in (dungeon)."
- "If only some great hero would come to slay that ancient lich in (dungeon)."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "That lich left (dungeon), but it's not dead. It'll be back when it's ready."
- "I'm just happy that lich is gone, even if it isn't dead."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I hear (random god) sent us an angel to rid (dungeon) of that accursed lich."
- "We may never know who destroyed that lich in (dungeon), but he's in our prayers."
|Vaernima's Quest (90c00y00)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): I have made a contract with the Daedra Prince Vaernima. She will order her agent in (town) to give me her artifact, The Skull of Corruption, if I can meet (him/her) at (building) with the dust of a certain Lich on my hands in (time limit) days or less. All I know about the Lich is that it lives in (dungeon).|