Daggerfall:Trouble with Orcs
- Talk to the Quester of a knightly order.
- Head to the dungeon the Quester points you to.
- Find and kill the orc sergeant.
- Report back to the Quester within the time limit.
Talk to the Quester of a knightly order that you don't belong to, and he will say:
- "I am (Quester's name). You are not a member of this knightly order. We are not sure if you can be trusted yet. If you were to slay the leader of the bandit band of orcs troubling our area, it might change our minds. Do you have the stomach for such work?"
The Quester goes on:
- "Kill as many orcs as you can, but be sure to kill their leader, (orc leader's name). The foul band is hiding up in (dungeon). If you're not back in (time limit) days, I will know you are the coward everyone says you are."
The Quester answers:
- "Why am I not surprised? Come back when you are ready to earn our respect."
Finding the Bandit Leader
This is a standard dungeon crawl. Head to the dungeon the Quester points you to and find the orc leader within. The leader will be an orc sergeant, distinguishable from other orcs by his horned helmet without a plume. When the correct orc is slain, you receive a message saying:
- (Orc leader's name) is dead. Without a leader, these orcs will never be more than a nuisance.
Return to the Quester, who will say:
- "Hmmm. Maybe we should consider you for membership. Not a bad job at all, (player's name)."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Generic Knightly Order||+10|
|City-State where the order is located||+4|
|Nobility of the city-state where the order is located||+2|
|People of the city-state where the order is located||+4|
|Knight Order and all other factions of the city-state||+2|
A failed quest will result in a reputation loss as seen in the table below.
|Generic Knightly Order||-4|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest target: One orc sergeant
- If you complete this quest for the Knights of the Rose, the Knights of the Hawk, or the Knights of the Flame, you will not gain reputation with their associated factions, but with the Dark Brotherhood and its associated factions.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "That orc tribe has eluded the knights so far."
- "That orc tribe would be lost without its leader."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The orcs will be back. Their leader still lives."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Some (player's race) came out of nowhere, slew the orc leader, and left."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "What can I do for you, orc slayer?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "You are not worth my time, orc fancier."
- "Why would I talk to a lousy orc lover?"
|Trouble with Orcs (b0c00y10)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Quester's name) of the knightly order in (town) gave me the task of wiping out an orc band that makes it's home in (dungeon). In particular I must get the leader, a certain (orc leader's name) I need to get back to (him/her) (time limit) days or (he/she) will assume I'm dead.|