- Talk to a Noble.
- Head to the town the noble points you to.
- Find and meet your contact there and accept the jewelry.
- Fend off any attackers who want the item you were given.
- Return to the noble with the jewelry within the time limit for your reward.
A Procurer in Need
Speak to a noble, who says:
- "Yes, I do have something for an able-bodied young (player's race). It's nothing special -- just a simple errand, but it'll mean an extra (random gold) gold to you. Interested?"
The noble goes on:
- "Good. I have a ... procurer in my employ. Distinctive looking, (contact's description) going by the name of (contact's name). Well, (contact's name)'s found a special (jewelry) of interest to me, but the former owners have (him/her) trapped somewhere in (town). My hands are tied officially, but you could kindly go to (town), find (contact's name), and bring me my (jewelry). Of course, if you're not back in (time limit) days, your (random gold) gold reward will have to be forfeit. I'm sure you understand. Well, you ought to be on your way. Goodbye."
The noble answers:
- "(Oath), I suppose you wanted me to give you (random gold) gold for nothing. Or perhaps you were hoping for something really interesting? Well, you'll have to wait for that, (player's first name)."
Finding the Finder
Head to the town the noble mentioned and learn the location of your contact by asking around in town. Once you know the building, head there and get the jewelry. The procurer says:
- "(Noble's name) sent you? (Oath), when I heard you coming, I was afraid they had finally tracked me down. I'm glad you found me first, (player's first name)! Here's the (jewelry). Take it back to (noble's name) right away -- (he/she) needs it in just a few days. And be careful -- the former owner's agents are turning (town) upside down looking for this little beauty."
As soon as you enter the building, agents of the former owner, who wants to collect the piece from your dead body, will be after you. Hit one and be told:
- "Thanks for your help, (player's race). We knew you'd lead us right to the (jewelry). Now here's your payment -- death!"
Take care of any attackers and return to the noble.
When you return with the jewelry, the noble will be pleased and say:
- "Ah, marvelous. My (jewelry) returned promptly with minimum of incident. Very good. Here is your (random gold) gold reward."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Noble you got the quest from||+5|
|Noble's associated factions||+2|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered.)
- 4x One Assassin every two in-game minutes (30% chance) once you enter the procurer's place
- If you keep the jewelry, it will remain in your inventory and won't vanish once the quest is over, as is usually the case for quest items.
- You may later learn from local gossip that a rare gem was hidden inside the quest item. This is likely what made it "special" in the first place.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "They're scouring (town), looking for a rare stolen (jewelry)."
- "There was a rare (jewelry) stolen from a private collection recently."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "They recovered that jewelry, and the guilty party was summarily executed."
- "The jewelry that they were looking for turned up eventually."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "They never did find that jewelry. The guards have given up."
- "There was supposed to be some kind of rare gem hidden in that stolen jewelry."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Ah, my young champion. Still in the mercenary business, I see. That's good."
- "What may I do for you, (player's first name)? I haven't forgotten what you did for me."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "I don't see why I should do anything for someone who failed me, but go on."
- "Rather plucky of you to return after failing to get my property. I hate pluck."
|The Procurer (r0c10y09)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Noble's name) of (palace), (noble's town), has sent me to get a special (jewelry) from someone by the name of (contact's name), who's hiding out somewhere in (town). The real owners of the (jewelry) may try to stop me, but I must have the (jewelry) in (noble's name)'s hands in (time limit) days, or I won't get my (random gold) gold piece reward.|