- Talk to the beldam of a Witch Coven.
- Head to the town specified by the beldam.
- Enter the temple, find the document, and take it.
- Either fight the guardian or make your escape.
- Return the document to the Coven within the time limit to collect your reward.
Speak to the beldam, who says:
- "We would use thee to find perfidious document circulated by our enemies in an effort to suppress our coven. I know wherein this packet of printed lies has been placed, but we need someone like thee to fight its guardian and bring it us. Wilt thou assist (witch coven) thus?"
The beldam goes on:
- "Wilt thou? Then you will have our most unconfuted gratitude. The document lies in a temple, here in (region), in a town called (town). (Temple's name) keeps it somewhere, perhaps behind locked doors, guarded by a (guardian's type) of unquestioned power. If thou wilt bring the document here, to me, I will give to thee a (magical item) of the coven's manufacture. Return in no later than (time limit) days."
The beldam answers:
- "Wilt thou not? (oath), then do not ask for favor of (witch coven)."
Snatching the Slander
Head to the specified town and locate the temple. Enter it, find the document, and take it. Locating the document should not be too difficult; it is normally in plain sight on the floor. When you pick it up you get a notification: This is apparently the document that (witch coven) wanted.
Once the document is in your inventory, you can read for yourself the Temple's lies:
- Among the more fiendish practices of the
- (witch coven) is the rite they
- perform in honor of (daedra prince).
- The flesh of a newborn infant is boiled over
- the flames of burning brimstone for three and
- a half days until it is hard and leathery.
- The resultant fiber is sewn over the head of
- a black cat, who is kept in a cage until it
- has chewed through the caul or has died of
- suffocation. If the cat dies, the witches
- know that (daedra prince) will
- not answer their entreaties, but if the cat
- lives, (witch coven) may ask
- (daedra prince) for anything -- the
- death or mutilation of princes, economic
- catastrophe, famine, plague, war ...
As soon as you have it, the document's guardian will appear: a spellsword. Upon being struck, the guardian screams:
- "Pawn of the Fiends! Slave of the (witch coven)! The Righteous Hand of (temple's god) will smite thee!"
You can either stay and fight or make your escape; it makes no difference to the outcome of the quest. Travel back to the Coven and give the beldam the document.
After you hand the paper over, the beldam says:
- "Ah, the accursed document. Thou art to be commended for thy service to our sisterhood, (brother/sister). Here is the (magical item) I promised thee. The gratitude of (witch coven) need not be physical to be felt."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest (time limit expired) results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
- Guard: One Spellsword once you pick up the libel
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Have you read the next History of (witch coven). Shocking!"
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The History of (witch coven) is being reproduced in the Imperial City."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Some have read the History of (witch coven), but the only copy disappeared."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Art thou pleased with thy (magical item), (player's first name)? Thou surely didst deserve it."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "The accursed document hath gone to the Imperial City to be reproduced for the ignorant masses, (player's first name). Thou hast failed (witch coven). Go from this place."
|The Libel (q0c00y01)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): I have agreed to get a document about (witch coven) from (temple) in (town)and return with it in (time limit) days or less. The document will likely be guarded by a (spellsword).|