- Talk to a quest giver of a Temple.
- Head to the town the quest giver points you to.
- Find the cousin and talk to him/her.
- Ask around until you learn about a healer living in another town.
- Find the healer there and buy a cure.
- Return to the cousin and give him/her the cure within the time limit.
An Ounce of Prevention
Speak to the quest giver, who says:
- "The best way to get in good with the temple is to heal someone. I know of a case that might do the trick for you (player's name). Are you willing?"
- "I am (quest giver's name). You aren't high in the hierarchy of (temple). I might be able to speak favorably of you if you were to find a way to cure someone I know."
The quest giver goes on:
- "(Cousin's name) in (town) is suffering from an unusual disease. I was about to dispatch a cleric to treat (him/her). I will delay them a day or so. If you can find a cure it would increase your favor with (temple). I can only give you (time limit) days."
The quest giver answers:
- "If you aren't even willing or able to do a simple healing, I surely can't recommend you to temple leaders."
A Pound of Cure
Travel to the mentioned town. Ask around until someone points you to the cousin's location, which may be a house or a shop. Enter the building and talk to the cousin, who says:
- "I feel so weak. I don't know what is wrong with me. Have you come to help me? Yes? Do you have the cure? If so, please use it on me, so that I may heal."
With no other clues to go on, ask the locals about the cousin. Eventually, someone will tell you a rumor that a healer in another town might have a cure for the disease.
When you speak to the cousin, there is a 50% chance that you will also become infected by the disease. If this happens, you may wish to get yourself cured before you go on with the quest. A visit to a local temple, a spell, or a potion can be used to cure the disease.
Travel to the town where the healer, an alchemist, lives. Ask around until you know where to find their location, then speak with them. The healer says:
- "Hello there. Yes, I have heard of (cousin's name) of (town) and (his/her) problem. Lunar Chills it is. Often mistaken for Gray Fever. Anyway, I do have a some Hoar Frost Root that will cure it. It can only be used once though. I'll sell it to you for 20 gold."
Return to the cousin's residence with the cure and be told:
- "Thank you, (player's name). I will use the Hoar Frost Root. I really can't thank you enough. I hope the rest of your travels are safe for you."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||+5|
|Temple and its associated factions||+2|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||-2|
|Temple and its associated factions||-1|
- This quest is almost identical to the Merchant/Innkeeper quest The Cure.
- According to the quest's dialog, the cousin suffers from Lunar Chills. However, this disease doesn't exist in the game; it was probably meant to be Caliron's Curse. Furthermore, you will get Chrondiasis after speaking to him/her.
- There is a third party bug-fix which corrects the issue with the cousin's disease. It can be found here.
If you ask an NPC about the cousin, you may be told:
- "I heard about (his/her) disease. Some say that (healer's name) of (healer's town) has a cure."
- "I did hear something of (him/her). Something about a disease and someone named (healer's name) in (healer's town) who had a cure."
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Poor (cousin's name). How that (cousin's description) suffers!"
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Quest giver's name) of (temple) is plenty furious with that (player's race)."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "That (cousin's name) who was cured was (quest giver's name) of (temple)'s cousin."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "I have heard that (cousin's name) was cured. (Temple god) bless thee, (player's first name). What do you need?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "(Cousin's name) has died, and I blame thee, (player's first name)."
|The Healing (c0c00y10)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): I have been given the chance by (quest giver's name) of (temple) in (temple town) to heal (cousin's name) of (town). If I do not have (him/her) healed in (time limit) days someone else will be sent to do the job instead.|
|1||(Date): I have bought some Hoar Frost Root from (healer's name) of (healer's town) that cures Lunar Chills, the disease that is inflicting (cousin's name).|
|2||(Date): I have given Hoar Frost Root to (cousin's name) and cured (him/her) of the Lunar Chills. Maybe now (temple) will think more highly of me.|