Daggerfall:The Haunted House
- Talk to the quest giver of your Temple.
- Head to the town the quest giver points you to.
- Enter the haunted house and kill the undead creature inside.
- Return to the quest giver within the time limit and collect your reward.
Speak to a quest giver, who says:
- "A house over in (town) is being haunted by some sort of undead. We need someone to exorcise the spirit. Are you up to it? It pays (random gold) gold pieces."
The quest giver goes on:
- "Remember, if the haunt is too tough for you to handle yourself, just get out of there. No one will blame you for saving your skin. The place is called (residence) and it's in (town). You have (time limit) days or we send someone else out to do the job."
The quest giver answers:
- "No shame in that. I'll keep an eye open for jobs more to your liking."
Exorcise the Undead
Head to town and ask around until you have the location of the house. Sometimes the building is locked, so you either need to pick the lock or have an Open spell available. Once you are inside look for the undead, which can be a ghost, skeletal warrior, wraith, or zombie; each has a 25% chance of appearing. The undead can often be found in the attic; where else should an undead be? Sometimes the door to the attic is locked too, therefore you may need some assistance for this door as well. Upon hitting the undead for the first time it moans:
- "I am the ancestor of the builder of this house. It now belongs to the dead. Let all living creatures shun this place."
Kill it and head back to your quest giver.
When you come for your reward the quest giver says:
- "So the haunt is no more. I will burn incense at the altar for its spirit. Here is your temple fee."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||+5|
|Temple and its associated factions||+2|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||-2|
|Temple and its associated factions||-1|
One of the following (25% chance of each):
- This quest is nearly identical to The Spook, but this version is only available if you have joined the Temple.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The ghost of (residence) cannot be killed, they say."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The ghost of (residence) will keep coming back."
- "The spirits of (residence) are still not at rest."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Residence) is clean at last."
- "The spirits of (residence) are at last at rest."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "How may I help you, o exorciser of (residence)?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "(Residence) is still haunted, and I should speak with thee?"
|The Haunted House (c0b00y00)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Quest giver's name) of (temple) in (temple town) sent me on an errand to rid (residence) in (town) of an undead haunt. I have (time limit) days to do the job.|