Daggerfall:The Army of Undead
- Talk to the Quester of your Knightly Order.
- Head to the specified dungeon.
- Find and kill the lich.
- Report back to the Quester within the time limit.
The Coming Horde
Speak to the Quester, who says:
- "I am (Quester's name) of (Questers). I have a most dangerous quest (player's name). You are one of the few that could possibly take it on. A lich is raising an army of undead. We need someone to go in and put a stop to it."
The Quester goes on:
- "You are brave indeed. The lich has made (dungeon) into its lair. Go there and destroy the foul thing. In (time limit) days we will send out someone else, should you not return."
The Quester answers:
- "I understand, (player's name). This is too dangerous even for you. There are one or two other heroes that might be able to pull this one off. I'll go ask them."
Destroy the Lich
Head to the dungeon named by the Quester. Enter it, then find and destroy the lich within. Beware, as there is a 33% chance that you will come up against an even more dangerous Ancient Lich. Regardless of its type, when the lich is destroyed a message pops up saying:
- The lich is dead. Without his magical support, the army of undead will return to the grave.
Upon reporting back the Quester, he heralds:
- "Hail to the hero, (player's name)! Well done! You name will be recorded in all the histories."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Generic Knightly Order||+5|
|City-State where the order is located||+4|
|Nobility of the city-state where the order is located||+2|
|People of the city-state where the order is located||+4|
|All other factions of the city-state where the order is located||+2|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Generic Knightly Order||-2|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target. Any of the following:
- One Lich
- One Ancient Lich
- This quest was used as the basis for The Lost Artifact, a Knightly Orders quest included in the CompUSA Special Edition patch.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The Great Lich of (dungeon) is awake again."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The Lich of (dungeon) went across the Bay, I hear."
- "The Lich is gathering forces outside of (region)."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Thank (random god) for (Questers). They saved us all."
- "A (player's race) from (Questers) destroyed the Lich of (dungeon)."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "I would be honored to help you in any way, hero."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "After the (dungeon) debacle, you have a lot of nerve returning."
- "I trusted you to slay that lich. Think of my situation!"
|The Army of Undead (b0b80y17)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Quester's name) of Questers in (town) charged me with the duty of destroying the lich of (dungeon). I have (time limit) days to finish the task.|