Daggerfall: Sheogorath's Quest
- Summon Sheogorath on the 2nd of Sun's Dawn (or a random 5% chance on any other summoning day).
- Head to the first dungeon named by Sheogorath.
- Find and kill the battlemage within.
- Travel to the second dungeon named by Sheogorath.
- Find his worshipper within the time limit and receive the Wabbajack.
Tea Time for Sheogorath
Sheogorath speaks to you:
- "Oh, my. I bet ye weren't expecting me! My unbrothers and nonsisters are sometimes a bit slow, so I step in for them. Too bad for thou. You'll just have to cut thy deal with me. Be quick about it! Before the hour of the pale be passed, have I plenty to do elsewhere. So! Power the (player's race) craves to rub on the body and ease the four hundred sores of mortal life? Yes, Sheogorath has power, power enough to pull the branches across the eyes of the moon and rain blood over Tamriel. For this power, wilt thou send someone an invitation to tea for me?"
Sheogorath goes on:
- "To tea, to a tea party with me! Go, go to a place called (first dungeon), where the object of my gallous desires doth trip and pose and wear blackberry crowns. Wait ... do not invite this battlemage to tea with me. Now I remember. This (battlemage's name) the name is. Kill (him/her) to death, murder (him/her) fatally, that's what I wish. Then go from (first dungeon) to a lunatic asylum called (second dungeon) and see my (worshipper's description), (worshipper's name). The Wabbajack| for you (he/she) will have. Will wait for you for (time limit) days and then will go to marry the unknown heir of Rowanda. Now I bid you a yapow and gazeenza."
Sheogorath answers, bemused:
- "La, rejected by a squalid (player's race) with lice in its hair. How far has Sheogorath risen! I shall have to ask for a raise in my allowance. Tirrah, (player's guild title/name)."
Inviting the Battlemage
Travel to the dungeon named by Sheogorath and enter it. Once inside, find and kill the battlemage. There may be multiple enemies of this type within the dungeon, but you must destroy the specified target to successfully complete the quest. When the battlemage dies, a notification appears:
- You have dispatched (battlemage's name) from this mortal plane. Now to see if Sheogorath still remembers your agreement.
Once your task is complete, travel to the second dungeon named by Sheogorath and find his worshipper within for your promised reward.
Speak to Sheogorath's worshipper and you will hear:
- "Ah, nice of you to let me out of my cell, madam jailer. Sheogorath changed his mind and decided that he wanted to take (battlemage's name) to tea after all. But when he found out, (he/she) was dead, he decided that was best. That way (battlemage's name) wouldn't eat all the posy pies. Before I forget, here's The Wabbajack. Don't point it at me."
If you successfully complete the Daedra Prince's task and receive the artifact, you will gain reputation according to the table below.
|Summoner's associated factions||+2|
If you fail the quest, you will lose reputation according to the table below.
|Summoner's associated factions||-1|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: One Battlemage
If you ask an NPC about Sheogorath's worshipper, you may hear:
- "(Worshipper's name) is that mad, slobbering (worshipper's description) who lives in (second dungeon)."
- "(Worshipper's name) is that crazy (worshipper's description) that came to town a while back. They say (he/she) actually lives in (second dungeon)."
- "(Worshipper's name) is one of the Daedra Prince Sheogorath's most loyal servants."
- "(Worshipper's name) is the name of the (worshipper's description) who is a slave of Sheogorath."
If you ask an NPC about the Wabbajack, you may be told:
- "The Wabbajack is an ancient artifact with wildly random magical effects."
- "The Wabbajack can transform its targets into other other creatures."
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "A mad battlemage is terrorizing the countryside around (first dungeon)."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Dungeon) is quiet now that that (battlemage's name) moved on, but (he/she)'ll be back, I'll wager."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Good riddance on the battlemage (battlemage's name) in (first dungeon). I hear (he/she) was mad as a magister."
- So, someone finally killed that mad battlemage in (first dungeon). Thank (random god)."
|Sheogorath's Quest (60c00y00)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): The Daedra Prince Sheogorath has promised me an artifact called The Wabbajack in exchange for the death of a battlemage named (battlemage's name). If this battlemage, who resides in a placed called (first dungeon), is dead and I meet Sheogorath's contact in (second dungeon), (worshipper's name) will give me The Wabbajack. But I have to have this all accomplished in (time limit) days.|