- Summon Sanguine on the 16th of Sun's Dawn.
- Head to the dungeon named by Sanguine.
- Find and kill the monk within.
- Travel to the town where Sanguine's minion waits.
- Meet his worshipper there within the time limit and receive the Sanguine Rose.
A Few Honeyed Words
Sanguine speaks to you:
- "Power is such a lovely word, isn't it? It drips from the tongue like honey. If power is your aphrodisiac, I would be ecstatic to present you with The Sanguine Rose. All you have to do for me in return is punish a perfectly awful priest who dared to challenge me. Sounds good to you?"
Sanguine goes on:
- "You won't regret this, (player's first name), provided you fulfill your end of our agreement. This sanctimonious monk is not harmless; (monk's name) is (his/her) name and (he/she) burned my lovely worshippers to crisps. Go to the abandoned temple where (he/she) lurks, (dungeon), and rip (his/her) heart from (his/her) chest. My agent, (worshipper's name) will await you in (town). (Worshipper's name) does not like to wait so accomplish the murder in (time limit) days or less. I have the delicious feeling we'll see each other again, (player's first name)."
Sanguine angrily yells:
- "A pox on you, (player's name). How dare you summon me forth and refuse my generous offer? Pray that I forgive you, (player's first name). Sanguine is an enemy none should have."
Mashing the Murderous Monk
Travel to the dungeon Sanguine named and enter it. Once inside, find and kill the monk. There may be multiple enemies of this type within the dungeon, but you must slay the specified target to successfully complete the quest. When the target dies, a notification appears:
- (Monk's name) is dead. Sanguine will be ecstatic, you hope.
Exit the dungeon and head to the town and building where the Daedra Prince's servant awaits with your reward.
Speak to Sanguine's worshipper after the monk is dead and be told:
- "Charmed to meet you, (player's name). I'm (worshipper's name). Sanguine must be quite enraptured with you. He had The Sanguine's Rose set aside for his favored disciples. And now it's yours. I hope you enjoy it immensely.
If you successfully complete the Daedra Prince's task and receive the artifact, you will gain reputation according to the table below.
|Summoner's associated factions||+2|
If you fail the quest, you will lose reputation according to the table below.
|Summoner's associated factions||-1|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: One Monk
- Though there is dialogue present in the questfile, the conversation option regarding the Sanguine Rose is missing.
If you ask an NPC about Sanguine's worshipper, you may hear:
- "Just a leering (worshipper's description) (direction) of here in (building)."
- "(Worshipper's name) is the name of a naughty (worshipper's description) in (building)."
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "All those orgies that used to go on have been stamped out by (monk's name)."
- "There isn't much to do since (monk's name) set a torch to the orgies."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Monk's name)'s moved on -- (he/she)'s looking for dens of decadence to the north."
- "Everyone's afraid to do anything at all fun with people like (monk's name) around."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Lots of people are happy about (monk's name)'s death. Just desserts for (his/her) ilk."
- "The orgies have started up again now that (monk's name)'s out of the picture."
|Sanguine's Quest (70c00y00)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): Sanguine wants me to murder a monk named (monk's name) in return for The Sanguine Rose. The monk is in (dungeon) and must be dead in (time limit) days or less, and I must be in (town) in (time limit) days to meet with (worshipper's name) at a place called (building).|