Your Pickpocketing skill is automatically checked whenever you attempt to sneak an item off another person or engage in a little shoplifting. Not surprisingly, those with a higher Pickpocketing skill get caught less often.
Pickpocket's governing attribute is Agility.
This skill increases at attempts at pickpocketing.
- The chance to pick a pocket is (5 ≤ skill + level_difference*5 ≤ 95)%.
- The chance to successfully steal item(s) from the shelf is (skill + cost/32 + weight/4)%.
- Unsuccessful attempts at stealing increase the Stealth skill.
- Stealing from shelves does not increase this skill.
"Pickpocketing is a skill automatically checked whenever one attempts to steal an item off a person or shelf without being detected."
The following classes have Pickpocket as a skill:
- Major Skill
The following factions have Pickpocket as a required skill:
Pickpocket training is offered by the following factions:
- This skill is referred to as both "Pickpocketing" and "Pickpocket" in various sources.