Daggerfall:Hunt for a Giant Spider
- Talk to the Fighter Quester of a Fighters Guild.
- Find the correct building in the current city and kill the spider.
- Report back to the Fighter Quester within the time limit.
The Fighter Quester says:
- "My name is (Fighter Quester's name). I don't like handing out jobs to non-guild members. You seem like the trustworthy sort though. Some poor soul brought home a giant spider's egg that hatched. Seems they mistook it for a silkworm cocoon. The poor slob can't afford to pay us to get rid of it. However, if you take care of it for free the guild looks good and I'll make sure you look good. Are you interested?"
The Fighter Quester goes on:
- "This is your shot at the big time. The spider is trapped in (building). Kill it today and I'll put in a good word for you."
The Fighter Quester answers:
- "I should have known you were serious about work."
Slaying the Spider
This is a once again a very easy task, the spider is holed up in a building in town. Enter the building and kill the spider, but beware of its paralyzing bite. When the monster has been vanquished, the following message pops up:
- The spider is dead.
This task must be done within a day, so return to the Fighter Quester promptly afterwards.
Upon returning after killing the spider, the Fighter Quester will say:
- "You got spunk (player's first name). Keep up the good work and you'll be Fighter's Guild material yet."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables.)
- One Giant Spider
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Did you hear about the idiot that brought home a giant spider's egg. Now he's got an eight legged pet thats trying to eat him for dinner!"
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Some poor fool was stung and nearly killed by a giant spider, in his own home no less!"
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "You're that guy that killed the giant spider. You should join the Fighter's Guild or something."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Nicely done with that giant spider."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "If you can't handle spiders, how do you expect to handle the other jobs the guild might want you to do?"
|Hunt for a Giant Spider (m0c00y12)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): The Fighters Guild of (town) has offered to let me to kill a giant spider which hatched in (building). It's got be done today.|