Daggerfall:Hunt for Harpies
- Talk to the Fighter Quester of a Fighters Guild.
- Head to the dungeon the Fighter Quester mentioned to you.
- Wait there until you have killed five harpies.
- Return to the Fighter Quester within the time limit and collect your reward.
Speak to a Fighter Quester, who says:
- "I like you, kid. This assignment ain't for just anyone. Seems there's a flock of flyin' carnivores -- harpies -- who are making a bunch of travelling merchants real nervous. Will (random gold) gold get you over to (dungeon) and a little hackin' 'n slashin'?"
The Fighter Quester goes on:
- "Okay then. There are five of these beauties in (dungeon), and they all gotta be dead in (time limit) days or no deal. And a word of advice: you get back here in (time limit) days but get to (dungeon) as soon as possible or those harpies are gonna migrate and you'll be outta luck. Okay kid, good luck and get outta here."
The Fighter Quester answers:
- "Too bad. Seemed pretty like a pretty damn generous deal to me."
Flushing the Flock
Remember, you need Dwarven weapons or better to harm harpies. Despite being located within a dungeon, this quest can be done in a very easy way. Travel to the dungeon and enter it. Clear out any random dungeon monsters within the immediate area, and rest or loiter until you are interrupted by a wandering harpy. Take care of it, and repeat this until you have completed your objective of killing five of the creatures. Once you have slain the fifth harpy, a message pops up:
- " five. That should be enough to hold (Fighter Quester's name)."
More harpies may show up if you stay longer at the dungeon, but there is no point in remaining there any longer aside from collecting loot. Return to the Fighter Quester to collect your promised reward, and possibly a bonus dungeon map.
When you return after killing five harpies, the Fighter Quester will say:
- "Awright, kid, good goin'. That's (random gold) gold your way. Not too shabby."
If he also gives you a dungeon map, he adds:
- "Hey, since you've been so helpful, here's a map to (random dungeon). All the killing and looting you can stand. My treat."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables.)
- Random dungeon monsters
- 20x One Harpy every thirty in-game minutes (30% chance) once you enter the dungeon
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Someone went up to check out (dungeon) recently and was torn to shreds."
- "I only hope those harpies keep migrating south."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I hear the harpies soiled their nest at (dungeon) and had to move on."
- "Those harpies are following the merchants' caravans like a moveable feast."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The harpies were a real economic problem. Things should get better now."
- "I hear they found thousands and thousands of eggs over in that harpy nest."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Hey! The (player's race) who took care of those Harpies is back."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "You're the (player's race) that couldn't even take care of a bunch of Harpies. Pathetic."
|Hunt for Harpies (m0b1xy01)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): TheGuild of (town) has hired me to exterminate a nest of harpies that has infested (dungeon) I need to have at least five of them dead and be back in (time limit) days if I want to collect my reward.|