- Talk to a noble.
- Head to the town where the noble's associate is staying.
- Give the magical item to the noble's associate within the time limit and collect your reward.
Lost and Found
Speak to a noble, who says:
- "Are you by any chance available for a little assignment that should not take you any time at all and will make you (random gold) gold pieces richer?"
Noble goes on:
- "(Oath), that's grand. I have a rather dimwitted associate of mine who left on an assignment without (his/her) (magical item). I need it rushed to (town) straight-away. There's a little place there called (building) where you can find a (contact's description) named (contact's name). Give (him/her) the (magical item) and (he/she) will give you the (random gold) gold pieces. One final note, (he/she) will be leaving (building) in (time limit) days with or without the (magical item), so you'd best be on your way."
The noble answers:
- "No? Pity."
Catching the Associate
This quest is another simple delivery; you will encounter no enemies on your way. Just travel to the town the noble's associate is staying and deliver the magical item to him/her, collect your reward afterwards. Depending on the building where the associate is staying, the door(s) might be locked so come prepared, just in case. You can even keep the magical item you shall deliver, but this would result in a big reputation loss with the noble and his/her associates.
Upon delivering the magical item to your contact, he/she says:
- "Are you from (noble's name)? (Oath), my (magical item)! About time! I thought I was going to have to leave without it. What took you so long, anyway? What, I have to pay you for my own (magical item)? Very well, if that's what (noble's name) told you. Now, I've wasted enough time. I must be on my way."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Noble you got the quest from||+5|
|Noble's associated factions||+2|
If you don't deliver the magical item in time, you will lose reputation according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered.)
- If you keep the magical item, it will remain in your inventory and won't vanish once the quest is over, as is usually the case for quest items.
- Occasionally, the noble will initially refer to a male contact as "her" and vice-versa when describing the "dimwitted associate." However, the contact's description and name will still be accurate.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "If I had a (magical item), I'd sell to that (contact's description) in (building). Seems desperate."
- "That (contact's description) has been moping around (building) for days now."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Poor (contact's name) -- (his/her) delivery never came and (he/she) had to leave without it."
- "I wonder what (contact's name) was waiting for anyhow. Some kind of miracle?"
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Contact's name) left (building) happy as a harpy. Guess (he/she) got what (he/she) needed."
- "(Noble's name) was singing the praises of some (player's race) mercenary (he/she) hired."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Ah, my dear friend. How good of you to return. How are things?"
- "I was informed that your mission was a success. I do graciously thank you."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "You failed to get to my contact, but yet you return to me. Quite odd behavior."
|Forgotten Equipment (r0c10y14)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): I have been sent by (noble's name) to (town) where a (contact's description) named (contact's name) is waiting for a special (magical item) in a place called (building). This (contact's name) is planning to leave (town) in (time limit) days with or without the (magical item), so I will need to hurry.|