- Talk to the Fighter Quester of a Fighters Guild.
- Head to the town the Fighter Quester mentions.
- Enter the building and wait until the zombie shows up.
- Kill the zombie and return to the Fighter Quester within the time limit for your reward.
The Fighter Quester says:
- "Bit of a rummy domestic squabble, (player's first name). Seems that this woman in (town) has asked that someone rid her place of her husband. The only problem is that he is dead. Are you willing to take this on?"
The Fighter Quester goes on:
- "Her husband is a zombie. He hides out somewhere during day. She never sees him in (building) then. At night he wanders around the place. Put him out of his misery and get back here in (time limit) days, and it's worth (random gold) gold to you."
The Fighter Quester answers:
- "Too bad. Normally only the temples get jobs like this. You've passed up a good one (player's name)."
Getting the Husband Out of the House
Travel to the town the Fighter Quester mentioned and get the location of the building by asking around. The building may be locked depending on the time of day and type of building, so you may need to use an Open spell if the doors are locked. Enter the building and loiter in the house until the zombie appears. The zombie will appear at some time between 19:01 and 4:59.
When the zombie is killed, the following message will appear:
The zombie is dead. His wife can sleep safely.
Return to the Fighter Quester after killing the zombie and he will say:
- "Was the old boy as foul smelling as they say? Like a drawer of knickers left in the rain for a month. Well, here is your pay, (player's name)."
You will receive the stated amount of gold.
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables.)
- Quest Target: One Zombie
- According to the game's files, the reward for this quest was originally supposed to include a dungeon map, although this feature was not implemented in the final version of the game.
- This bug is fixed by DFQFIX; there is now a 50% chance of receiving a dungeon map in addition to your gold reward. When you get a map, the Fighter Quester should also say: "Hey (player's first name), if you thought zombie-killing was fun, take this map to a monster-infested hole called (dungeon). Should be a vacation for a (player's race) like you."
- While not necessarily a bug, DFQFIX also changes the random building parameters, making it so the target building's doors will remain unlocked for the duration of the quest.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Did you hear? Some old biddy says her husband has returned from the grave to haunt her."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "They found a woman dead in her home. The rotted corpse of her long dead husband was found next to her."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I hear the Fighter's Guild sent some tough over to take care of that zombie. They're a good lot, the guild."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "You did well with that zombie (player's name)."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "The zombie was too much, huh? Shouldn't ever take a job you can't do."
|Domestic Squabble (m0b30y08)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||On (date), the Fighters Guild of (guild's town) hired me to rid (building) in (town) of a zombie that is haunting it. I have (time limit) days to finish the task.|