- Talk to a Noble.
- Head to the dungeon the noble mentioned to you.
- Find your target within the dungeon and kill it.
- Travel to the town the noble's ally is staying.
- Report to the noble's ally within the time limit and collect your reward.
The Price of Friendship
Speak to a noble, who says:
- "You may be aware that I am forming an alliance with (ally's name). To cement our friendship, I have agreed to arrange the death of a threat to (him/her) -- some sort of monster. This foul parasite lives in a decrepit old place called (dungeon). (He/She) has agreed to pay the creature's assassin (random gold) gold in return. Not too bad, I'm sure you'll agree. So, does this sound like your sort of an adventure, (player's name)?"
The noble goes on:
- "Recognize a good deal when you hear it, eh? I told (ally's name) that the monster would be dead in (time limit) days or (he/she) could go out and hire someone else. So kill the creature and get over to (town) and find (him/her) before the time runs out.
- Oh, I almost forgot. I don't know what kind of monster haunts (dungeon), but the name (monster's name) has been rumored to be the source of the terror."
- "Really? How inconsiderate of you to leave me in the lurch like this."
Eliminate the Threat
This quest is a standard dungeon crawl. Travel to the dungeon where the monster makes its lair, enter, and find your target. The monster can either be a battlemage, a giant, a wereboar, or a vampire; each type has a 25% chance of appearing. The target may not be the only creature of its type in the dungeon, but you will get a notification once you hit the correct one, as the creature screams:
- "Who dares disturb (monster's name) the Terrible in (his/her) lair? Your skill will soon hang on my wall as a trophy!"
When you have killed the monster, the following message pops up:
- You have slain (monster's name).
After the creature is dead, exit the dungeon and travel to the town where the noble's ally lives.
Once in town, you may need to ask around town to locate the noble's ally. The building where the ally is staying may be locked, so come prepared. Enter, speak to the noble's ally to get your reward and they will say:
- "Yes, I've already heard word that our (monster type) pestilence is at an end. I don't know where (noble's name) found you, but I'm glad (he/she) did. Here's your (random gold) gold piece reward. Thank you for your service, (player's first name)."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Noble you got the quest from||+5|
|Noble's associated factions||+2|
In case you don't kill your target in time, you will lose reputation according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered.)
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: Any of the following:
- One Battlemage
- One Giant
- One Wereboar
- One Vampire
- In the quest dialog the monster's type will always be "giant," regardless of which enemy you will come up against in the end.
If you ask an NPC about the noble's ally:
- "(Ally's description), yes? A possible ally of (noble's name) with a problem with that thing in (dungeon)."
- "(Ally's name) is the blood enemy of (monster's name)."
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "There's a monster in (dungeon) that's been bothering (ally's name)."
- "That monster in (dungeon) has a horde of bats and rats apparently."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Now that monster (monster's name) knows its lair is known, it's moved on."
- "The monster (monster's name) has moved out of (dungeon), but still plagues (ally's name)."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The curse of (monster's name) has finally been wiped from (region)."
- "A holy (player's race) warrior has destroyed (monster's name), blight of our land."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Ah, my friend, (monster's name)'s nemesis! What may I do for you?"
- "You have aided me in forming my alliances, (player's first name). With what can I help you?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "Your failure to slay that monster complicated matters. I have no time for such as you."
|Deadly Diplomacy (r0c10y05)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Noble's name) of (noble's town) hired me on behalf of an ally, (ally's name) of (ally's town), to slay a monster known only as (monster's name), which has been terrorizing the land around (dungeon). If the monster is dead and I have made it to (ally's name) in (time limit) days, I will earn my reward.|