- Talk to a Noble.
- Head to the town where the contact is staying.
- Give the contraband to the contact within the time limit and collect your reward.
A Little Errand
Speak to a noble, who says:
- "You are not by any chance free to run a little errand for me? It's very simple, I would do it myself or have one of my runners take care of it, but we are all so very busy. It would mean an extra (random gold) gold pieces. That's not too bad. Are you available?"
The noble goes on:
- "What luck. Now, take this (contraband) and go to (town) to a place called (building). There's an odd (contact's description) there named (contact's name). Give (him/her) the (contraband) and (he/she) will give you the (random gold) gold. Oh, and you need to be there in (time limit) days, but that should not be a problem. You have sturdy young legs. Off with you, what.
The noble answers:
- "No? (random god) save me from idle (player's race) hands."
Running for the Noble
This quest is yet another simple delivery; you will not encounter any enemies on this one. Just travel quickly to the town the noble mentioned to you and find your contact by asking around. Give the contact the contraband and get your reward in return. The door(s) to the building where the contact is staying may be locked, so come prepared.
When you hand over the contraband to your contact, they will say:
- "(Noble's name) hired you as a runner? Ah, the (contraband) I've been expecting. Very good. Here's your gold. Thank you."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Noble you got the quest from||+5|
|Noble's associated factions||+2|
In case you don't deliver the contraband in time, you will lose reputation according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered.)
- If you keep the contraband, it will remain in your inventory and won't vanish once the quest is over, as it is usual the case for quest items.
If you ask an NPC about the noble, you may be told:
- "(He/She)'s a thoroughly respectable ruler, with kleptomanic tendencies."
- "A big-time jewelry smuggler, from what I hear."
If you ask an NPC about your contact, you may hear:
- "One of (noble's name)'s fences. (Contact's name) practically lives at (building)."
- "That (contact's description)? (Contact's name) is a fence for a den of smugglers at (building)."
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Noble's name) is still in the smuggling business, I hear."
- "There's been an extraordinary increase in smuggling lately."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I heard someone came across a (contraband) out in the middle of nowhere."
- "(Noble's name) is mad as hell at some incompetent (player's race) courier."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Some (contact's description) was just here, waving around some (contraband)."
- "I guess (noble's name) didn't steal that (contraband) after all or else (he/she) ate it."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "I recognize those sturdy young legs. How are you, my old courier?"
- "Come back to visit your old employer, have you, (player's first name)?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "I remember you. You're the (player's race) who failed that simple delivery assignment. (Oath), I have no time for you."
|Contraband Goods (r0c10y11)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Noble's name) of (palace) has asked me to deliver a certain (contraband) to an associate named (contact's name). (Contact's name)'s current haunt is (building) in (town), a journey of about (time limit) days. That's how long I have, anyway.|