Daggerfall:A Prized Item
- Talk to the quest giver at a Thieves Guild hall.
- Travel to the town named by the quest giver.
- Enter the residence where the item is located.
- Find the item and pick it up.
- Make your escape.
- Return to the quest giver within the time limit and collect your reward.
Breaking and Entering
Speak to the quest giver, who says:
- "Keep your voice down. My name is ... er, just call me (quest giver's name). I have a guild job for you. Standard pay. Interested so far?"
The quest giver goes on:
- "You need to steal the (magical item) from (residence) in (town). You have (time limit) days or the deal is off. Did I mention that the place is guarded? Could have sworn I said so."
The quest giver answers:
- "Glad I didn't tell you any details. Now get out of here."
Nabbing the Item
Travel to the specified town and enter the residence where the item is located. Depending on the time of day and the type of residence, it is possible the door will be unlocked. Search for and seize the quest object, which can often be a piece of clothing, a wearable item, or even a weapon, so search any loot pile you come across until you find it. Although the quest giver didn't mention it, the item you are going after is enchanted. You will recognize it as such if you check it in your inventory.
There may be an attempt to stop you; either two spellswords, a gargoyle, a flesh atronach, or a ghost may need to be avoided or killed. Return to the Thieves Guild with the item to collect your reward.
When you hand the enchanted item over to the quest giver, he will say:
- "Got the goods? Ah! Well done. Standard pay for this job is (random gold) gold pieces. Don't spend it all in one place."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables.)
Any of the following:
- Two Spellswords (10% chance)
- One Gargoyle (10% chance)
- One Flesh Atronach (10% chance)
- One Ghost (10% chance)
- You can check the enchantment of the quest object at the Mages Guild if you like. You can even keep the item if you wish (see Twisting Endings to Quests), and depending on the enchantment it may be more advantageous to you. This will result in a failed quest, however.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Residence) in (town) has an extensive collection of magical exotica."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "They moved the (magical item) out of (residence) for security's sake."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "That (magical item) was stolen from (residence). It's a real scandal."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Surprised to see me, (player's first name)? Thought I'd run off with the (magical item), maybe?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "They already moved the (magical item) out of (residence), (player's first name). In other words, you failed your mission. Now, go away."
|A Prized Item (o0b20y02)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Quest giver's name), (or so (he/she) called (him/her)-self) of the guild contracted me to steal the (magical item) from (residence) in (town). I have (time limit) days to get it back to (him/her) in (guild) in (guild town).|