|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Check in with Falco in Raven Rock.
- Speak with Carnius and decide whose side to take.
- Talk to Falco/Carnius to let him know of your decision.
Falco follows the company line.
Falco or Carnius
Several days after the previous quest, you will receive a journal entry to go and check in with Falco in Raven Rock. Falco will ask you to help him keep Carnius in check as the colony grows. He tells you to be careful in taking sides.
If you go to Fort Frostmoth and talk to Carnius, he will offer you power and wealth if you help him achieve his goals for the colony.
You have a choice now to either take Carnius' side or Falco's depending on whether you want the colony to fail or succeed. Return to Falco or Carnius when you've made your decision to choose your path by selecting the topic aiding me with the one you've chosen. Whoever you choose will give you all your next quests.
Making the decision between who to side with can be a tricky one, as it will determine the course of all of the remainder of the quests in the East Empire Company plot. Here is a side-by-side comparison of the benefits and drawbacks to each side.
- Generally these quests are the "good-guy" type quests, so you get that warm fuzzy feeling that comes from doing good things for a noble cause.
- If you're interested in Ice Armor and Stalhrim Weapons, working for Falco is the better choice, as you'll be able to make them for one piece of Raw Stalhrim each, while you'll need two to get them from Carnius.
- Your EEC Stock Certificate will also be worth more money.
- Carnius's quests may appeal to those who like to play the darker side. Be ruthless and cunning, and get a sense of power from causing death and destruction.
- Carnius's quests tend to give you a greater monetary reward, though once you've reached the level where you can comfortably do Bloodmoon quests, these gold rewards will seem somewhat paltry either way.
- You'll be disliked by many of the residents of Raven Rock.
- Many of his quests involve doing something illegal, for which you could get caught and arrested.
- If you speak to either Falco or Carnius about choosing sides but refuse to choose their side, their disposition will go down by 10.
- After you have completed the quest, if you speak to whomever you didn't side with, his disposition will go down by 20.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Making a Choice (CO_Choice)
||Falco has asked me to help him keep Carnius in check as the colony grows. I should be careful in taking sides, but he wants me to consider aiding him.
||Carnius has offered me power and wealth if I help him achieve his goals for the colony. I should be careful in taking sides.
||I have agreed to help Falco. I should report to him for assignments from now on.
||I have agreed to help Carnius. I should report to him for assignments from now on.