Though the patch notes and update were formally released on May 12, 2020, Update 1.7 was widely available a day earlier on May 11.
A new version of The Elder Scrolls: Blades is now live on all platforms! In addition to bug fixes and optimization, Update 1.7 marks the end of Early Access, adds new quests, resets the Arena leaderboard and more. Check out the details below:
It's the End of Early Access!
Arena Leaderboard Reset!
- All Arena players will be returned to the Old Arena with 0 trophies.
- Earn Gems, potions, and a chest according to your Arena at the time of reset.
- Top 100 players also get the Golden Champion's Helm.
- Top 500-101 players get the Silver Hero's Helm.
- Top 1000-501 players get the Bronzed Gladiator's Helm.
- Climb up the ranks to earn rewards all over again, including Blades gear.
- Keep track of the best Guilds with the new Guilds Leaderboard.
Massive New Questline!
- Play through an Arena-style gladiatorial questline.
- Become the Grand Champion to earn the Grand Champion's Sword and Helm.
- Take on six other new quests for both low- and high-level players.
- Earn the Redoran Watchman's Helm from the Villains quest.
- Earn the Ring of Dremora from the Trophy Hunting quest.
- Can you solve the puzzles and find the secrets in The Wizard's Challenge quest?
- Improved how and when enemies choose to conserve Magicka or Stamina to use on more expensive skills.
- Added new sound effects to weapons enchanted with Haste (increased attack speed).
- Fixed a bug that prevented completion of the Resolution quest.
- Fixed a bug that made abilities hit faster than normal when multiple abilities were performed in quick succession.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the application of resistances and weakness to elemental damage dealt via Shield Bash with an enchanted shield.
- Fixed a bug that made critical hits harder to perform while wearing the Warlock's Ring Artifact.
- Fixed a bug that let players unequip and reequip certain skills on cooldown to make them available sooner.
- Fixed a bug in the Arena that displayed all an opponent's physical resistances as cleaving resistance.
- Fixed a bug that slowed down Arena combat when both players were equipped with Artifacts dealing continuous damage.
- Fixed a bug that made high-level Wights hit twice with a single Power Attack.
- Fixed a bug that prevented enemies from properly deciding when to use their Reflecting Bash ability.
- Fixed a bug that made enemies unnecessarily stop and restart blocking while the player was casting Consuming Inferno or Frostbite.
- Fixed a bug that stopped players from equipping a loadout right after the end of combat.
- Fixed a bug that stopped players from equipping a loadout while certain skills were active.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from receiving Guild chat messages.
- Fixed a bug that unsynced the camera from the player's shield when performing a Shield Bash.
- Fixed a bug that made the Fireball spell's fire effects remain on an enemy indefinitely.
- Fixed a bug that sped up the waterfalls of the Hircine's Prize decoration.
- Fixed a bug that made a deleted loadout return to your loadouts list.
- Fixed an interface bug that made players choose an unintended tier when tempering, brewing, or enchanting.
- Fixed an interface bug that incorrectly displayed "You cannot drop your last weapon!" when inspecting a weapon.
- Fixed a visual bug that made the Stamina bar jump around when attacking with the Volendrung Artifact.
- Fixed various rare cases of invisible walls or rocks blocking players and preventing the completion of a Job.