Released on February 12, 2020.
The latest version of The Elder Scrolls: Blades, Update 1.6, is now available to download! For an in-depth look at some of the new features coming to the game, check out our preview of Update 1.6. For more on what's included in Update 1.6, see the patch notes below:
New Features and Improvements
Loadouts Are Here!
- Create and save up to five sets of skills and equipment.
- Quickly swap loadouts any time during PvE or between PvP rounds.
- Loadouts are automatically unlocked at Town Level 4.
New Jewelry, Decorations and Emote for Heart's Day
- Receive a new unique necklace: The Amulet of Mara (February 14 - 16 only).
- Add new decorations to your town: Love's Triumph, Frozen Heart (February 12 - 16), and Burning Love (February 14 - 18).
- Use the new "Heart" emote to show defeated opponents there are no hard feelings, and you still appreciate them (free from Feb. 12 - 17).
Easier Access to Game Features
- Side Menu shortcuts now provides direct access to other game modes.
- Access Guilds and the Arena directly from Town.
- From the Arena, access Guilds directly or go straight back to Town, bypassing the Main Menu.
- Improved Skull Rating estimates for Quests and Jobs by taking enemy abilities (maneuvers and spells) into account.
- Added option to skip boss introduction cutscenes.
- Dungeon Chests can now be stored instead of being opened automatically.
- Item notifications are now color-coded to match item rarity.
- Names for bosses are now more distinctive.
- Tweaked enemy AIs so they can conserve Stamina/Magicka to use more powerful skills.
- Navigate through the game quicker with improved loading times.
- Reduced hitches when streaming dungeon rooms.
- Reduced boot times on Android devices
- Reduced input latency for higher ping players in PvP.
Visual Improvements and Fixes
- Two-handed weapon optimal blocks are now more visually distinct.
- Fixed a bug where blocking feedback did not display in PvE.
- Fixed a menu overlap issue when going to the details page from opening a chest in a dungeon.
- Fixed a bug where the ravaged indicators on the player's health bar wouldn't reset between fights.
- Blocking opponent now reacts visually when receiving damage.
- Skill cooldowns affected by Harrying Bash in PvP now display a visual change.
- Fixed issue with post-match time period being too short to play most Emotes all the way through.
- Fixed opponents becoming invisible on high latency connections in PvP.
Audio Improvements and Fixes
- A new sound cue can be heard when a boss fight detects the player
- New Audio for Heart's Day decorations and emote.
- Optimized how sound banks for abilities are loaded/unloaded.
- Fixed bug where no audio was heard when blocking with Spellbreaker after the first round of PvP matches.
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
- Fixed a visual bug that always displayed a Spell Resistance of 0 in the Stats Menu, even though actual Spell Resistance was not affected.
- Fixed a bug where Skull Rating/Recommended Level for a job would change once the job was loaded.
- Fixed a bug where the number of skulls were not displaying on the loading screen when loading into a job.
- Fixed a bug where the damage history used to trigger status effects wouldn't reset between fights.
- Fixed a bug where the staggered status wasn't removed if the target broke out of it using a maneuver.
- Fixed errors that occurred if you staggered an enemy that was already staggered.
- Fixed a bug where swinging at a dead opponent in PvP would cause a server error.
- Fixed a bug where the status effect threshold was 3 times smaller than intended in PvP.
- Fixed a bug where changing the screen orientation on the PvP arena reward screen would cause a control lock and/or crash errors.
- Fixed communication errors during matchmaking attempts in the Arena.
- Fixed errors and crashes when canceling Matchmaking attempt in PvP.
- Fixed a bug where critical hit damage was not being calculated correctly for Versatile (1H and 2H) and Heavy weapons in PvP.
- Fixed a bug where repairing gear before matchmaking would cause errors.
- Fixed bug where the fight against Henrik the first time you meet him could be avoided by turning off the game after combat started.
- Fixed progression bug in Silk Farm Hunt quest.
- Fixed invisible blockers in Mining Misfortune quest.
- Fixed issue with male Argonian characters where you could see through the back of their throat.
- Fixed a bug in The Scorched Earth quest where rescuing Asuf before defeating Goblin Boss prevents quest completion.
- Fixed a communication error when players gather a harvestable item they already took on a previous attempt at completing the same job.
- Fixed a bug where players would get control locked when killing an enemy with a breakable in range and tapping on the breakable while leaving combat.
- Fixed a bug where emotes could be re-purchased from store after obtaining them from a separate pack.
- Fixed an issue where leveling up and opening a chest simultaneously can crash the app.
- Prevented a crash when trying to equip an item in the inventory menu before its visuals have finished loading.
- Fixed dungeon chest notifications when they are set to open automatically.
- Fixed an issue with the inventory equipment previewer not properly updating when opening the item details page.
- Fixed an issue where Staggered combat feedback overlaps with enemy ability feedback.
- Fix a crash when closing the announcement menu.
- Missing localized text added to PvP Leaderboards.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes happen if player and enemy died at the same time.
- Fixed a bug where Clairvoyance would continue pointing at an NPC after it was rescued in a job.
- Fixed an issue in PvP where weapon swings did not register when swinging immediately after letting go of the block control.