Note: This page has been moved to the new UESP-Wiki. The same content, just a different presentation.|
This page very likely contains outdated information (last updated in 2005).
Morrowind - Main Quest: House Hlaalu
15 February 2011
||Balmora, Vivec, Dren Plantation, Omani Plantation, Ules Manor
||Medium, Lots of the usual running around, Possibly tough fight
- Meet with Crassius Curio in the Curio Manor, Vivec Hlaalu Plaza, to receive an overview of the
- Get Curio's vote for Hortator.
- Find Yngling Half-Troll in Vivec, St. Olms Plaza, Yngling Manor, and get his vote (gold required).
- Find Dram Bero hidden in the Haunted Manor, Vivec St. Olms Plaza, and get his vote.
- Learn about Orvas Dren from Dram Bero.
- Take care of Orvas Dren in the Dren Planation (), North of Vivec (blackmail or kill him).
- Find Velanda Omani on the Omani Plantation () on Elmas Island, East of the Vivec St. Olms Canton, and get her vote.
- Find Nevena Oles is in Ules Manor () just North West of Suran (East of the Dren Plantation, and North East of Vivec)
and get her vote.
- Return to Curio and be named the Hortator of House Hlaalu.
Continue on with the House Telvanni portion of the main quest
or return to the Main Quest page.
- This quest is part of convincing each of the three houses to vote you as the Hortator of the House.
The exact order you do the houses in is not important. Again, you must visit all the council members
of the House to convince them to vote for you. The Yellow Book of 3E 426 lists these members
and can be obtained from Nileno Dorvayn at the Balmora Hlaalu Manor. The members are Crassius Curio,
Yngling Half-Troll, Dram Bero, Nervana Oles, and Velanda Omani.
- Crassius Curio
- Crassius Curio downstairs in the Curio Manor in Vivec, Hlaalu Plaza, can be convinced just just a little gold.
If you're a member of the house and a male, it only takes 500 drakes (or 300 if you're disposition is high enough),
otherwise it takes a costly 1000 drakes. If you are a female, all it takes is a kiss. Simple enough. Curio
also offers some good advice on the other council members.
- Yngling Half-Troll
- Yngling Half-Troll is in Vivec, St. Olms District Plaza, Yngling Manor. Similarily he'll ask for 1000 drakes
if you're a member. or 2000 otherwise. An alternate route is to actually kill Yngling, which is quite
alright with the other council members if you talk to them about it (such as Dram Bero).
- Dram Bero
- Dram Bero is hidden in the basement of the Haunted Manor in the Vivec St. Olms Plaza. You may need to
unlock the basement door somehow. You just have to talk to him and you'll get his vote, no gold needed.
He'll also mention that Velanda and Nevena are loyal to Orvas Dren. Orvas us a brother of the Duke and
has a netch ranch in the Ascandian Isles.
- Taking Care of Orvas Dren
- In order to convince Velanda and Nevena, you must take care of Orvas Dren first, which may mean a number
of things. You can just kill him but he is well armored and armed and has a few good bodyguards. You
can blackmail him if you get some papers locked in his basement (his bodyguard has the key). Or, if you
can raise his disposition high enough, you can talk to him about protecting Morrowind, resulting in Dren
naming you Hortator. If your in House Hlaalu and you've done the quest to take over Cammona Tong, Dren should
just give it up and say he'll use his influence on his two cronies. Alternatively, if you have a good chameleon
and sneaking ability (or invisibility), you can find a key that lays on a desk near Orvas Dren himself,
and just take the papers without been seen.
Orvas lives on the Dren Plantation, a large sized manor just North of Vivec. I tried talking with him
initially but my disposition was so low he attacked me anyways. If you're lucky you will be able to attack
and kill him without alerting the other guards in the house.
- Talk with Velanda and Nevena
- Once Orvas is taken care of, you can continue and talk to Velanda and Nevena. Velanda is on the Omani
Plantation on Elmas Island, East of the Vivec St. Olms Canton. Nevena is similarily in Ules Manor just
North West of Suran (East of the Dren Plantation, and North East of Vivec). Once you talk to each
about the Hlaalu Horator they name you as such.
- Return to Curio
You can now return to Curio in Vivec to be officially named as House Hlaalu's Hortator and receive the
Belt of the Hortator as proof.
Includes Contributions from Ratfink, Borrowind and Mara.
this document for printing (some pages may not display properly).
If you have any problems, suggestions or comments on this page or website, please
feel free to use the Contact Form to send
a message to the WebMaster.
This document was last modified on: Tuesday, 15 February 2011, at 20:29:29
and has been accessed
( /morrow/quest/mq_hlaalu.shtml ).
Please note that this site is Completely Unofficial and is in no way connected to Bethesda softworks or
Zenimax. Bethesda Softworks, Battlespire, XnGine, Morrowind, Redguard, Daggerfall, Arena and The Elder Scrolls are trademarks
of Media Technology Limited, Copyright © 1994-2001 Media Technology Limited.