UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: How to fix "Keep moving." ?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:08 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
When I first started the game, and had a low default disposition to people, like ~40, when approaching imperial guards they would say things like, "Yes?" and "Let's hear it" and generally sounded friendly and helpful. Having played a little now, my Personality has gone up, which has raised the default disposition of most people, around ~50.

Most characters in MW will say different things to you when their disposition raises. I know that most Dunmer with an average disposition might say, "Outlander." but with a high disposition they might say, "A warm welcome to you!" or something.

But not Imperial Guards. As I said, in the beginning of the game, they would say, "Yes? Let's hear it." and sound friendly. Now, the ONLY thing they say to me is, "Keep moving." I tried using Speechcraft on one of them and after a painstaking 10 min, many game re-loads, and many Speechcraft levels gained, I got him to 100/100 disposition. I walked near him and he said, "Keep moving." You've gotta be kidding me. This MUST be a bug.

Really, it should be the OTHER way around. If they don't like you and generally view you as a common citizen, they should say, "Keep moving." If they DO like you, and you are generally viewed as a good/well-known figure, they should say things like, "Yes? Let's hear it!"

Is there any mod that perhaps fixes this? Hearing Keep Moving all the time from every single guard is pretty irritating.

I could find the Keep Moving wav and replace it with another one but this is not an ideal solution because:
- It wouldn't update the dialogue text (subtitles)
- It would ONLY play the sound I replace it to. Really, it should play from several (two or three) barks, as it does when you make a new character with low dispositions.

Post subject: Re: How to fix "Keep moving." ?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:06 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 16
I agree, this behavior from the guards is pretty annoying. Makes me want to stop and punch them every time I hear it.

Unfortunately, that's the way the voice dialogue section is set up, for some inexplicable reason. As soon as your PC's disposition hits 50 or higher, any Imperial guard who is a member of the Imperial Legion with a rank of Recruit will tell you to "Keep moving."

The only way to fix this would be with a mod. I don't know offhand of any existing mods that do so; you might want to search around on Morrowind Nexus. Mind you, it would be fairly simple to add a few lines of dialogue to "correct" this using the CS; since I, too, find this annoying I might give this a go when I get some time. I'll post here again if I do.

And I ain't in it for the power
And I ain't in it for my health
I ain't in it for the glory of anything at all
And I sure ain't in it for the wealth

Post subject: Re: How to fix "Keep moving." ?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:01 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
So, I THINK I did it - and by that I mean I think I correctly removed the Keep Moving dialogue reference alltogether with the editor... (the wav file is still there of course). It worked for me, and the imperial guards (even the archers) all say different, nicer stuff now. I believe I did it without tampering with anything else in the game, but I've only ever made one mod in MW before, and it was a small, easy, house mod, so I'm generally not that experienced with the editor.

The mod file itself is only 1kb. I looked at it in Enchanted Editor but still not 100% sure that it's fine (since I'm not experienced with that tool, either), and I know it's easy to accidentally mess with other unrelated things in MW editor. I wish I could put it as an attachment, but I don't see that option.

Can I send it to someone who is experienced with modding to tell me if the mod is "clean" or whatever? And also maybe someone can test it out by approaching some guards, bribing them, etc. It makes a huge difference in my opinion. I don't want to punch them all in the mouth anymore.