No votes
Probably, but with a heavy FPS hit.
No votes
It's a toss up.
No votes

Total votes : 0

HELP: Can I Run This Mod Pack?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:32 pm

Hello, all. Recently I tried to install MGSO2.0 and my laptop failed miserably at running it, even on the lowest of low settings. Even if it did run on the lowest settings, it really defeats the purpose. My last graphic overhaul for Morrowind was , one of the "2009 editions" of overhauls. It runs fine apart from Vurt's animated grass, I believe, which I long ago changed to the static version. As you can tell I'm ready for a newer look, and I'm looking to use this modpack from . I spent many hours twice re-installing both MW and MGSO, so if anyone can give me their educated opinion as to if this would run on my rig, before I waste a lot more time, I'd really appreciate it.

Or, can anyone suggest another pack that would run well and deliver the appropriate graphical deliciousness in-keeping with the times?

Acer Extensa (purchased 2008) 4420-5963
AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 1.9GHz
Radeon Xpress 1250
2 GB RAM
Win XP

Thank you! <3
Last edited by KlibanKatz on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: HELP: Can I Run This Mod Pack?

Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:08 am

Oh my God, you might be right. Can't remember if I left it on with my old MGE config. Ugh, I have to reinstall it now and hope it works. lol

EDIT: What level would you suggest I install it at? There are those "vague" (to me) benchmarks in the auto-installer for what makes a low-spec PC, middle, high, and ultra-super-awesome. Based on my limited knowledge of specs and equivalents... I want to say the slider belongs somewhere in the middle. I based it on my RAM and the type of processor, by which I mean, Dual Core and nothing else. My processor is 1.9GHz. I should probably just ask the engineer sitting next to me. XD

Thanks.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:06 pm

You can use MGE without distant land though.. like for the new shaders and effects... It does run a lot better, but it kind of looks more like butt than I think it needs to.. I'm going to play around with the different "flavors" of MGE in the MGSO options and see if I can use the better shaders if I keep the distant land off/low.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:54 pm

I can't tell yet; I only tested it briefly. I don't remember having the crazy amount of war fog in my previous install that I have now. I want to say that I did take advantage of the distant land and it worked fine, but I'm really not sure. Maybe I didn't pay as much attention to tweaking the values in the MGE options and it maxed all of them on my first install without me realizing. I'll get on that and we'll see what happens!

EDIT: It looks like I can run a "better" version of MGE without much of an fps hit provided I keep distant land off. There's this weird audio buzzing that gets louder or quieter as I move around, and I'm not sure what's going on quite yet with that. Great.
Topic locked