Switch to full style
A place to discuss and ask questions about the fourth part of The Elder Scrolls series and its expansions
Topic locked

10%
90%

Total votes : 49

Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:07 pm

Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:41 am

Yeah, but wouldn't that mean no one other than mage-type characters would have access to Azura's Star? The people that need it the most are the warrior characters who use their melee weapons all the time. The theory is that a mage would use magic and not physical attacks as much.

But an argument can be made for every character to require Daedric items that aren't necessarily their related to their class. I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think it would be a good idea at all.

Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:20 am

Who dosnt prefer sword?

However, blunt is more fun in my opinion. Someone said that blunt is for blood-savage barbarians. That is a perfect description. I grab an axe and i want to take to stop shaving, drink mead out of a goblet, eat raw meat, and unleash a war cry.

Needless to say pillaging, burning, etc that follows soon after.

Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:13 am

Those were my main two swords in my last game: Goldbrand, and a Perfect Madness Sword crafted from a matrix (got lucky on that find). Some of the blunt weapons look cool, I just can't bring myself to make a character that uses them.

Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:57 pm

That's one major downside to the way skills are in Oblivion. For example, I can't see my character using anything other than a Blade, so the other two skills (Blunt and Hand to Hand) in the Strength category are basically worthless to me.

However, in order to get the full +5 bonus to Strength on a level up, I have to train some in either or both, in order to get enough skill advancement in Strength-related skills (as I'm not going to advance the full 10 points in Blade). So, it basically forces you to play a little out of character for just a short time, if you want the full advantage of a level up.

So, usually at the start of a new level, I'll strap on some heavy steel armor, grab a big mace, and go play with some Mud Crabs on the beach for a bit for the Heavy Armor, Block, and Armorer training for Endurance, then, wearing the same, go to a non-quest dungeon and bash on some nasties with the Mace, or my fists if they aren't too nasty...

After a few of these skill gains, I can then go back to playing my sneaky guy, without worrying about not getting my 5/5/1 advancement...

Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:42 pm

Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:21 pm

I chose Blade but it is always fun to watch your enemies get knocked down as you hit them on the side of their head with a warhammer.

Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:30 pm

Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:59 am

Topic locked