UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pilgrim class?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:54 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 0
I just arrived in Pelgiad and met an interesting Khajiit who introduced herself as being a pilgrim; who seeks enlightenment and hopes to purify her soul through facing and overcoming trials. Has anyone rolled this particular class before? Any particular perks/pros/cons to being a pilgrim?

EDIT: I just checked and it's a default selectable class (still new to Morrowind) still my question remains.

Post subject: Re: Pilgrim class?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:35 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
I once played a Pilgrim and it was fun to roleplay, going on quests for books or schematics or long lost artifacts. It's also pretty versatile build, able to switch between decently armed close range melee, long range engagements, and had a lot of good utility via Illusion. On a second play through, I switched Illusion and Speechcraft. In all, I had great fun with this class.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:37 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
I've played a pilgrim before. I don't recall if I played a version of it in Skyrim, or if it was in Morrowind, but either way it was pretty fun. A lot of people seem to think that pilgrims are religious fanatics, that isn't necessarily true. Pilgrims are wanderers, and sojourners, seeking enlightenment, like you said. This gives them a lot of different ways you could roleplay one. As a religious fanatic, or not. There are several religions you could follow if you chose that path. (Tribunal, Imperial Cult, Daedra, or the Skaal religion, if you have bloodmoon.) I plan on doing one on my next play through.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:35 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Those kind of naturally good oriented class characters were always the one I had the most fun with. They feel more entitled to something like a religion, a dedicated path. Something a class like a warrior does not really have I feel. In a game like Morrowind, simply running around and bashing everything with an axe lacks a little imagination but that's just my opinion :P When I roll a Pilgrim, I like to collect rare books and try getting a companion to visit shrines.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:27 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I mostly play their more care-free counterpart the Bard. Why wander and seek enlightenment, when you can wander, seek enlightenment, and play a wicked lute solo?