UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Installing a second Morrowind
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:31 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
I already have Morrowind installed in the usual directory but was thinking of doing a fresh install directly to C - but I would like to keep my current install in place - is this possible, and is it possible to fully patch it (with the code patch, unofficial etc) in the new directory? - this is on Win XP

I think I might have screwed up the patch order in my current install - I believe it is MW- Tribunal - Blood Moon (GOTY so I don't believe I need the official patches - right?)
but then is it Unofficial Patch - Code patch - optimizer (slipstream's) ???
not sure....

Also does anyone know if I can still use my current install of MWSE? or do I need another "install" if that is even possible : ) or uninstall and reinstall? It has been working great so I hope I can just "point" it to the new install

Any Help appreciated

Post subject: Re: Installing a second Morrowind
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:06 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 4
I've actually done this before. What I did was move the installed files to another folder, popped the disc in, and selected uninstall (went pretty fast due to not actually deleting any game files) then I reinstalled it with my old install saved safely somewhere else. (It's been over a year since I did this, so I can't give the best instructions.) As far as I know, you'll just need to download MWSE again and put it in there. I'm not sure though, since I wanted a Vanilla with expansions folder, and a MWSE folder, so I haven't played around with that much.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:38 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
If installing into a different place like C:\- do I have to unistall the original in order to make a new install?
thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:36 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
I will just say what I ended up doing
- using info from the reply here and from Emma's forum:

........I RENAMED by current install as Bethesda_original.........
I then put in the Morrowind CD and it opened as usual with the option to "uninstall" listed - I just closed that box by clicking on the X upper right.
I then went to My Computer and right clicked on the Morrowind CD
in XP at least it gave me an option listed as "install" so I clicked that.
It gave no option as to WHERE I could install it so it went to the usual directory
C->program files->Bethesda....I then installed Tribunal and Bloodmoon - no problem
My original files being RENAMED to Bethesda Original were of course perfectly safe

I even ran it Vanilla and all was A OK - I have seen posted that you can then copy and paste copies anywhere you like - but "third party utilities" may not work, not sure what that means so I just left my new install where it was.....

I haven't tried adding Wyre mash or MWSE so not sure if that would be a problem....