UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Need help identifying a character......
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:12 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
And learning to kill him for ruining my experience of playing this excellent game when I 1st owned it 10yrs ago...

Ok let me explain, I had the Morrowind GOTY version when I was 14 and played one of my save files for probably well over 40hrs... My character was quite strong and I had no problem disposing of most enemies... But there was one guy hanging around Almalexias palace (if I remember correctly I haven't played in a5 or more yrs)who ruined my save file and all my hard work....

I have no idea of his name or how to combat him (I never used glitch fighting like levitate I think it ruins the game). Anyway the only way I can describe him is his race which is high elf or wood elf and the conversation I had with him, it went something like this..... I will refer to him as X from now on....

X: "Hello there, my name is X and I need 100 gold I promise I will repay you ten-fold"

Me: "here is 100 gold"

X: "wow maybe you can spare 1000 gold?"

Me: "here is 1000 gold."

X "Wow I can tell you're doing quite well for yourself here in Vvardenfell perhaps you can part with 10,000 gold"

Me: No

X: "No! No! No-one refuses me, you will live to regret this day!

And that was the end of that or at least I thought. I continued my game, completed some quests saved a few times and so on....

The next time I returned to that area though I was greeted by him again, only this time he was dressed as what I can only describe as like Sauron from Lord of the rings :shock:

X : "look who it is, it's the knave who refused my request, well my fortunes have taken an upturn. I have found someone with the generosity to spot me my 10k and now with my new armor I am invincible. Die Fetcher"

Then he would just kill me. And as he said he was invincible. I had Longsword stat of 100 but couldn't land a blow on him and he wasn't a ghost or anything I tried silver weapons but nothing seemed to work.

My questions are:

1. Does anyone know who I am talking about?

2. What happens if you pay him 10 thousand?

3. How to hit him?

Post subject: Re: Need help identifying a character......
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:49 pm 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 420
That would be . If you pay the 10,000 gold, he asks for a million, which you can't give him even if you have it. The wiki has tips for beating him.

Post subject: Re: Need help identifying a character......
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:55 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
TY for the help, I ordered the game from ebay and can't wait to take out 5yrs of rage on Gaenor when it arrives. Thanks again.