Switch to full style
Stuck? Need Help? This Forum is for you!
Topic locked

How to shoot magic spells

Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:01 pm

Can someone tell me how to shoot magic spells pls !!
I can activate the spell, assign it to the right or left mouse or both but when I click to shoot, all it happens is a small movement of the hand, but nothing happens. I can see the spell in the hand but nothing shoots. In Oblivion, after you activated the spell, I think the C key was assign to shoot it but in Skyrim I just can't find the way to do it.......Please help !!

Re: How to shoot magic spells

Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:05 pm

Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:08 pm

Only some low level spells shoot by simple clicking the most spells must be "loaded" up first for 1-3 seconds then they are ready.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:17 pm

What the others said. The "small movement" you see in your spells is probably your character "charging" them to go. Sometimes when I activate such a spell to my hand I will click twice - once to fire it up, and second to shoot. It's been a good method for me so far!

Try this and let us know if it helps.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:11 pm

In the case of the flame spell it works like a flamethrower, you have to hold the trigger to get anything. Ditto the healling spell.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:52 am

@strobacaxi, @Trelares, @Avron the S'wit, @Lord Elvewyn

THANK YOU very much for your help !!!

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:40 am

Maybe the right place to ask for, does anybody know if the atronach sign has some conflict with conjure up atronachs, if I summon them to near to me it doesn't work many times, annoying bug?

Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Summonning spells need a target. CHarge them up and wait till the central marker changes color. Usually when it is pointing to an enemy. Then let it go.

That's how it worked with my familiar, anyways.
Topic locked