Switch to full style
A place to discuss and ask questions about the fifth part of The Elder Scrolls series and its expansions
Post a reply

Skyrim creates headaches and motion sickness (!)

Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:01 am

I recently found out why Skyrim creates headaches, it is probably a mixture of the completely wrong Field of View (intended for consoles, NOT for PC) and all the head bobbing and dynamic change of field of view / running zoom etc..

Here a few entries by people affected:
cant post a link here, simply go to
duck dot com
and then search for
skyrim headache
or
skyrim motion sickness
etc.

For special edition, I installed "Motion Sensitive Fix SE", manually changed FOV to 90 in console and added two lines to skyrimprefs.ini (directly under bmouseacceleration... which should be set to zero of course):
fMouseHeadingYScale=0.0100
fMouseHeadingXScale=0.0100
This one already existed and I simply set it to the above values:
fMouseHeadingSensitivity=0.0100

I think this information should be added to UESP immediately, preferrably in a place where EVERY READER can see it. I did not find entries for "field of view" (regarding this problem) and I did not find an entry about "motion sickness" at UESP, so I guess it is not mentioned there?

This motion sickness problem is really a problem it seems with Skyrim, Bethesda really did everything they could to make sure you are constantly feeling like you are on a boat.

Just wanted to notify you about this particular problem :-)

The above mentioned solutions solved this problem for me :-)

P.S.: I only found the administrator email of "Dave" and sent the above mentioned message to him, but did not receive a reply. I think it would be good if you would inform the other administrators about this strange problem, tried to find their email addresses for some minutes but was not successful.

Re: Skyrim creates headaches and motion sickness (!)

Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:12 am

Very interesting, thank you)

Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:20 am

Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:51 pm

:-)

Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:22 pm

Personally I suffer from motion sickness and I've never gotten a headache playing Skyrim.
Post a reply