Switch to full style
For those topics that just don't fit anywhere else
Post a reply

Blades device compatibility

Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:43 pm

I've seen the device compatibility list for Blades, but that doesn't mean that other devices that aren't listed won't work, just that they haven't been yet verified to be compatible, so I thought I'd inquire here. I don't have a phone, but instead, I've just ordered a new tablet, and wondered if it might work on tablets as well as phones. I expect delivery next week, and I got it for an upcoming trip. It's an Amazon Fire HD 10, which has a quad core processor, 2gb of memory, graphics is 1920x1200, and it runs on Fire OS 6, which is based on Android 7. Has anyone tried Blades on a tablet yet?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Re: Blades device compatibility

Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:40 am

I play Blades on my iPad 5, and I also had it installed on my older iPad 2 until Apple decided to do whatever they did that triggered my iPad 2 to insist on being "activated" all over again, which I haven't done yet.

I haven't tried installing Blades on my B&N Nook HD+ tablet with dual boot card that lets me run Android 4.whatever on it, mainly because I must have changed my Google Play password so I can't install or update anything anymore, and I haven't taken the time to reset my password because I hardly ever use my B&N Nook HD+ anyway.

I just bought an Amazon Fire 7 during Prime Day, but I hadn't even looked to see if TES:Blades is in the Amazon Appstore. I've checked just now, and I'm seeing neither Blades nor Legends in the Amazon Appstore. :(

As far as running Blades on phone versus tablet, I'd say that it's definitely better suited to the larger screen of a tablet.

ADDENDUM-- Both Blades and Legends are listed in the Google Play store, and I know there are videos that talk about how to install apps and games on Fire tablets using Google Play rather than the Amazon Appstore, but I haven't tried that with my new Fire 7 yet-- and there's no guarantee a given Android app will be compatible.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:36 pm

Thanks for the follow-up...I should have said that I found Blades in Google Play too. So it gives me hope, i'll hafta give it a try next week, time permitting. Also, the work-around to install Google Play on the Fire tablets looks quite easy & straightfoward, so it's worth giving it a shot, no harm in trying.

Thanks again.

Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:10 am

There seem to be different workarounds depending on which version of the Fire OS the tablet uses.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:38 pm

Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:02 pm

I can't find the links I was looking at last week, but the following article looks like it was just posted yesterday, so hopefully it will help:

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/07/2 ... re-tablet/

Of course, it's possible that Blades just isn't compatible with Fire tablets.

Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:28 am

I finally installed Google Play on my 2019 Fire 7, using the instructions on the page I linked to above.

When I try to install Blades from the Google Play web site (since it won't show up in the Google Play app), it keeps saying I don't have any devices associated with my Google Play account yet. Since I've already logged into the Google Play app on my Fire 7 and was successful at installing an app that won't show up in the Amazon AppStore app, and since one of the possible reasons for the message I'm getting when I try to install Blades is that I don't have any devices which are compatible with the app I'm trying to install, I have to conclude that Blades isn't compatible with Fire tablets (or vice versa) for some reason.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:11 pm

Post a reply