Switch to full style
Pre-Release Archive
Post a reply

Do you think the Imperial Army faction is evil?

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:36 am

Since the Stormcloaks are fighting for Skyrim's independence and the Imperial Army wants to keep the nation within the Empire etc.

Do you think the Imperial Army is evil for trying to crush a rebellion for only wanting independance?

Re: Do you think the Imperial Army faction is evil?

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:38 am

Short answer, no. Because there is no good and evil, , the world is full of shades of grey.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:39 am

Id include some spoiler tags bro, I knew stormcloaks were rebels but that was about it, I had no idea skyrim was trying to become independent and stuff >.>

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:39 am

We don't understand the Stormcloak's motives yet. However,
The topic felt a bit loaded. Maybe it's just me who thinks that though. I'm just pointing out, you can just as easily make the Stormcloaks the villains based on what we know.

(Re)Loaded Question.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:40 am

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:41 am

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:43 am

Yeah, not much black and white morality. I personally will side with the Empire because I believe in the ideal of a ultimate institution, and the higher social order that represents, but others can turn around and argue that It's all irrelevent when the Empire becomes tyrannical, etc.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:43 am

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:44 am

I'm pretty sure that the first thing we knew after the name, and the focus on dragons, was the whole rebellion detail. The fact that you dodged that piece of information for so long is impressive.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:57 am

I see your point Frogmander, but it's only logical that rebels rebel, I wouldn't criticise Mun for making that assumption.

@AKB,

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:59 am

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:36 am

Why would the Imperials be any more evil than the Stormcloacks. They both want what's best for themselves, I don't think either will be 'good'.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:54 pm

Om my point of view, lets say im a town of my own, then they come in take control, tell me to belive this or that, and thats final. Now they are evil in my eyes, but the way they were raised and what not, they are saving me from me, its like what americans did to the native americans or when the british tried to save the africans from the africans, they see my beliefs as wrong and need me to believe what they do so i am "saved", although now the view is onesided, you now see it from my side and all the reasons why they could be evil, with good on there mind, but do they ever stop to think maybe they dont want us here, i mean they did rebel more than once.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:32 pm

There are words to describe the two as both good and bad. I don't think either side can be called evil. It simply depends on your character's perspective. My first char will be a patriotic Nord warrior, so obviously he'll side with his freedom-fighting brethren. I'll probably play to the other side, but with an Imperial, trying to restore the power of the empire his ancestors knew.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:52 am

I personally find the rebellion to be something like the American Rev, an empire is trying to keep itself together with their being supporters of both factions in the country and isn't as one sided as a war like say Vietnam.

I'm siding with the empire and I'd agree simply because the empire did such a fine job holding Tamriel together that if they lost any more power, the whole continent would fall into chaos. Plus when you compare the two, the empire has the more awesome gear, imo.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:01 am

Someone please tell me what the two sides stand for, morally, economically, socially, i'd really like to know more about these guys before getting into the politics of it.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:51 am

That's one of the main complexities of it, we don't know, but I do know I will endeavour to find out more ASAP before I sign up for either cause. All we really know is that the Stormcloaks want independence and the Empire wishes to maintain unity across what's left of it's Empire across Tamriel.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:20 am

I'm sure the dynamic between the Stormcloaks and the Imperial Army will be of utmost interest in the main story line.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:07 pm

Yes, i think the imperial army is evil

Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:31 pm

Normally I'd side with the empire, but with its incredible fall from grace since the Oblivion crisis I'd want it to crumble and be born anew. Salvaging never solves anything, it only prolongs the inevitable.

Oh well, on topic yes? I think beth will let them both have enough dark sides to encourage supporting either, both quest lines showing off more dark sides of its opponent than you would see if you play that faction.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:51 pm

I didn't think he murdered his king, but
Post a reply