Switch to full style
A place to discuss and ask questions about the second part of The Elder Scrolls series
Post a reply

Configuring Dosbox for a better Daggerfall experience

Wed May 29, 2013 11:17 pm

Hello, all. First time posting. I used to play Daggerfall on Win 95 and Win98 machines, but now have a Win7 machine.

I have a question I couldn't find the answer to. I went through dozens of threads here and tried using the search but came up empty. Sorry if this has been addressed before.

I recently installed the DaggerfallSetup.exe download from this site. The game seems to work fine with only minor little glitches here and there. I want to configure Dosbox to help improve the experience. Things like graphics smoothing using the Dosbox scaler, adjusting the cycles, etc.

But the Daggerfall folder only has a Daggerfall launcher short cut, a documents folder and a Daggerfall uninstaller. There is nothing in the Daggerfall folder that allows me to open just Dosbox (without immediately launching Daggerfall) so that I can edit dosbox.conf to make the desired adjustments. Anyone have experience with this and willing to help walk me through it?

Edit:
I figured it out. I had to launch the game, then alt-enter to make it a window, then open task manager, go to the processes tab, and from there open the file location of Dosbox.exe. Access was denied to edit, so I had to cut and paste the dosbox.conf file to my desktop and edit/save it there, then copy/paste it back to the Dosbox.exe.

Re: Configuring Dosbox for a better Daggerfall experience

Thu May 30, 2013 2:39 am

Now that I have Dosbox configured, my next task is installing and running Andyfall. Since there is no dos prompt when launching Daggerfall automatically using this Dosbox setup (Daggerfall Setup v-2.6), how does one install and launch Andyfall?

Thu May 30, 2013 6:03 pm

I think the best way would be to download and have a seperate DosBox from the Daggerfall one. That way you have the already setup Daggerfall DosBox then a seperate DosBox for any other games you wish to play.

I had to do this when I wanted to play Arena while having Daggerfall as well.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Post a reply