Hello Salamangkero! Welcome to UESPWiki. It's always good to have new members. If you would like to help improve any of our pages, you may want to take a look at the following links:
- Policies and Guidelines: UESPWiki standards and expectations
- Quick Editing Guide: a quick guide to wiki markup
- Getting Started: how you can help
If you, on the other hand, would like to spice up your userpage, take a look at this link:
- Userboxes: near complete list of userboxes, including a guide to make your own
When you're editing, it's always a good idea to leave edit summaries to explain the changes you have made to a particular page, and remember to sign your talk page posts with four tildes ~~~~. Also, the "show preview" button is a great way to view the changes you've made so far without actually saving the page (our patrollers really appreciate it!).
Work on Vampire-Related Pages
Hi. I'm currently beginning an initiative that entails modifying a lot of Morrowind game pages and here seems like a good place as any to post my rationale.
I'll be slowly reviewing and modifying (where required) pages, specifically, the section regarding related quests. I've observed several inconsistencies with this section so I'll be using the following guidelines:
- If a person, item or place has several related quests but all of them are of the same type (e.g. Ajira (Mage's Guild), Fargoth (Miscellaneous)), a single "Related Quests" section will be enough
- If a person, item or place has several related quests of different types, even if each type has only one quest (e.g. Socucius Ergalla (Main Quest, Miscellaneous), Tel Fyr (Main Quest, House Redoran, House Telvanni, Mages Guild, Official Plugins)), there will be as many sub-sections as quest types there are.
- Each quest section will be LINKED to its own page, where applicable.
- All subsections will be arranged in alphabetical order
- If included, the Main Quest subsection should always appear at the top of the list; this is an exception to the above rule
- If included, the Miscellaneous subsection should always appear at the bottom of the list; this is an exception to the above rule
- The Vampiric section excludes those for the Aundae, Berne and Quarra clans
- The Thieves Guild section excludes those for the Bal Molagmer
Now, I'm well aware that there are a lot of pages in the Morrowind namespace, which is why I deemed the Vampire-related pages to be a suitably small group of pages to begin with. Hopefully, either this initiative meets with little opposition or I am presented with a powerfully convincing counter-argument that will spare me from continuing any further. Salamangkero 16:42, 2 February 2012 (UTC)
- Few people will find this on your User page. I would suggest you post it on a relevant Morrowind page instead. This long after Morrowind has been released and with Skyrim edits flooding the wiki, it probably still won't attract a lot of attention, but it'll probably get more than it will here. – Robin Hood↝talk 23:40, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
- Robinhood70 is correct. However, this proposal is fairly uncontroversial and so you might just go ahead and implement it right away. The only issue I can think of is that it'll be more work for the patrollers, but that definitely shouldn't stop you. Wolok gro-Barok 00:07, 5 February 2012 (UTC)
- I have already implemented a few edits though I have been careful to include a "see User_talk:Salamangkero#Work_on_Vampire-Related_Pages" suffix on all revisions summaries. The goal of this user talk section was not to gather attention no support in efforts to modify Morrowind pages, but simply to provide a suitable explanation for interested parties (ie. those who have certain Morrowind pages watchlisted) should any of my edits seem questionable. With that in mind, I have deemed it unnecessary to create a new page, at least, not in the Morrowind namespace.
- I doubt if there'll be any need to revert your edits, I was just suggesting posting the guidelines somewhere more visible in case anybody had any suggestions or concerns before you got started. Adding the link in your edit summary works well too, so no worries. – Robin Hood↝talk 20:51, 5 February 2012 (UTC)