The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
What I do
Quibbles with the Game
- Light Armor seems weaker overall than Heavy Armor, not least of all because the tree has two fewer perks. I would have appreciated some running speed perks.
- Not a fan of racial scales affecting movement speed.
- Health seems to be by far the most important attribute in the long run. If you're a heavy magic user you're going to get -100% cost for your one or two schools of choice, so it won't matter how large your Magicka bar is. With Respite and Regeneration, Stamina is even less useful than Magicka because one inexpensive Close Wounds will regenerate 150 points of Stamina. Increasing Carry Weight was a valiant attempt to throw Stamina a bone, but it's only a minor convenience at best. Meanwhile, a good Health pool is needed to keep from getting killed before you can react.
- I kind of wish there was a Health Regen perk to go with Recovery (Magicka Regen) and Wind Walker (Stamina Regen). But then again, Health is already quite strong.
- Enchanting and Smithing are ridiculously powerful, being as essential for any combat skill as the directly related skill. But that ground has been covered by other people already.
- Wish Fur, Hide, Studded, Leather, and Iron armors were affected by perks (or were fully improvable without Fortify Smithing equipment).
- Skyforge equipment seems to be rather underwhelming.
- Alchemy takes soooo looong to level. Do normal players really chug potions all day?
- Fallout: New Vegas had pickpocketing as part of Sneak. I think that was a better choice.
- Lockpicking is really useless.
- Speech is pretty weak too. At least Fallout: New Vegas had more situations where it could be used, even if Barter was separate there.
- Containers should sort items by type if they contain more than X items.
- If you've filled all your soul gems, but some are holding souls smaller than their capacity and you capture a bigger soul, it should replace a smaller one automatically.
- Critical damage perks fail. 3 perks for +5% damage on average? No thanks.
- Greatswords should attack faster than Battle Axes.
- You should be able to chop wood manually just like mining manually.
- Replace most of Lockpicking with general perks, or maybe trapsetting
- Dragon shouts
- Run and/or sprint speed
- Arrow/magic bolt velocity
- Health regeneration rate
- More carry weight
- Lengthen the Smithing tree
- Fix the racial height modifiers
- More Light Armor perks
- One more Restoration dual-cast perk
Actually A Deadly Verbal Debate
Next: Perks affect specific shouts.
|Animal Allegiance||Animage, Rage (Illusion)|
|Aura Whisper||Stability (Alteration)|
|Become Ethereal||Stability (Alteration)|
|Call of Valor||None|
|Clear Skies||Stability (Alteration)|
|Dismay||Animage, Kindred Mage, Aspect of Terror (Illusion)|
|Fire Breath||Augment Flames (Destruction)|
|Frost Breath||Augment Frost (Destruction)|
|Ice Form||Stability (Alteration)|
|Kyne's Peace||Animage, Hypnotic Gaze (Illusion)|
|Marked for Death||Stability (Alteration)|
|Slow Time||Stability (Alteration)|
|Storm Call||Augment Shock (Destruction)|
- Swap Alchemy and Enchantment Fortify Magic effects.
- Dual-cast cost to 200% (same as casting separately).
- More powerful versions of Fortify Magic School/Fortify Magicka Regen for clothing.
Weapon skill tweaks
- Improve crit perks to +100%/+200%/+300% base damage.
- All smithing perks add 10% to smithing instead of 2x their type.
- Light weapons attack faster?
- Add perk to apply Armor perks to both sides.
- Change "when wearing all light/heavy armor" to simply require not wearing opposite type of armor.
- Deft Movement and Reflect Blows twice as effective.
- Add health regen perk to Heavy Armor.
Fortify effect rebalance
- Remove spell schools from enchantment effects.
- Improve Heavy, Light armor enchantments. Maybe flat damage reduction, or speed increase?
- Increase Fortify Attribute base to +25.
- Increase Fortify Regen Attribute base to +25%.
- Reduce weapon skills to +8% base.
|Skill||Number of perks|