UESPWiki talk:Map Help
Post any questions related to the UESP maps below.
- 1 I really think you need to change...
- 2 Compressed XAMPP portable can make an Offline version of the map WORK...
- 3 Map not Displaying properly
- 4 Search for specific type of location?
- 5 Map displaying properties when the drop-down box says "None"
- 6 Morrowind map working poorly.
- 7 Suddenly the text is too small to read.
I really think you need to change...
- Its on the "to do" list although it is not as simple as changing the text color unfortunately. The new coloured map is a mix of dark and light colours and just changing the text color makes it easier to see it one place but harder in another. I'm going to try putting a semi-transparent background behind the label which is simple in theory but difficult to do with the maps API we're using. -- Daveh (talk) 18:10, 1 November 2013 (GMT)
- Is it possible to use a border on the text? White text with a black border is visible on essentially every background. Xolroc (talk) 18:23, 1 November 2013 (GMT)
Compressed XAMPP portable can make an Offline version of the map WORK...
For Windows: http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html
For Mac OS X: http://www.mamp.info/en/index.html
For Ubuntu: apt-get install ^lamp-server
Would be VERY nice to see an offline release of the Morrowind map, mostly because some people uses old computers without internet connection to play Morrowind (Mac OS X Mavericks doesn't run Morrowind very well)— Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 00:08 on 04 November 2013
Map not Displaying properly
I usually use a fairly old computer (it still uses XP) and I noticed that this version of the map doesn't display properly on it (shows a white backround with just the text from the top of the map) forcing me to use a different computer if I want to use the map. Is this just because my computer is old, or is it a bug, or the lack of some graphics software or something?Bookwyrm1357 (talk) 00:21, 28 December 2013 (GMT)
- I get this effect with IE6. Is using another/newer browser on the old computer an option? Several features of this site don't work properly with IE6, so if it is the browser, I'm not sure if trying to make the map IE6-compatible will be worth it. --Alfwyn (talk) 12:21, 28 December 2013 (GMT)
Search for specific type of location?
Is there a way to make the map highlight all of a specific type of location, such as all farms, or mills, or towns, or Dwemer ruins? I don't see any way to do this. --Aaron of Mpls (talk) 01:14, 8 May 2014 (GMT)
- Not currently I don't think. Is this for the ESO map? That's the one that currently has the most activity. If it's a feature you'd like to see, you are welcome to mention it on the ESO Map Design talk page, or contact Dave directly on his talk page. Some sort of highlight or filter I think would indeed be useful. --Enodoc (talk) 20:34, 8 May 2014 (GMT)
Map displaying properties when the drop-down box says "None"
I'm using Windows 7. If I use the link "View on Map", it shows all of the ore locations. The drop-down says that it is displaying "None" in relation to resources. I would like the option of seeing town or city names only. If I wanted to see the ore locations, I'd choose one of them in the Resources drop-down. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 12:51 on 25 February 2015
- Assuming you are referring to the Skyrim map. When zoomed in that far (zoom level 15), many individual resource nodes are mapped; the drop-down selection conversely highlights an area that nodes are located in, rather than identifying each node individually. If you just want to see town and city names, zoom out a bit. The further you zoom out, the less small places are shown. --Enodoc (talk) 13:38, 4 March 2015 (GMT)
Morrowind map working poorly.
Using windows 10, chrome based browser (tested on actual chrome and microsoft edge as well). Landmarks and particular locations do not appear on the map, it may took several map reloads (F5 or ctrl+F5) to get particular location text-line, and if I'm extremely lucky, it would get all of them. No matter how close I zoom, locations do not appear.
In case you don't understand what's wrong with my map (because I'm russian and my language skills are not perfect), I made a screenshot:  — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 20:50 on 6 February 2016
- Thanks for the note! This seems to be a temporary issue with loading of locations for an unknown reason (I had the same issue as you last week but it is working fine now). It is working now and I'll be continuing to check on it to see if I can catch it acting up again to figure out exactly what the problem is. -- Daveh (talk) 14:45, 8 February 2016 (UTC)
Suddenly the text is too small to read.
I have been using the map for weeks without any issue whatever...until today. Now, when I open the map the text markers are so tiny I have no hope of reading them. What went wrong? How do I get readable text back? — Unsigned comment by 23:24, 17 August 2016 (talk • contribs) on 188.8.131.52
The Skyrim map V2. Zooming doesn't help. The map zooms in but the text stays just as small.