UESPWiki talk:Helping Out
Feel free to ask any questions you have about how to help out! To ask a question, you can just click on the "+" button at the top of the page. Type in your question in the big edit box that appears, put a title in the box that says "Subject/headline", and click "Save Page". For more details, see Editing Pages and Editing a Discussion Page. Another editor will notice the question and answer... probably not immediately, but almost always within the next day.
- 1 Someone add something about how to tell the day of the week.
- 2 Oblivion Map
- 3 Oblivion Try Out
- 4 My first contribution to a wiki (apologies if it's in the wrong place) — the 10, 10, 10, leveling strategy.
- 5 Page for each person
- 6 Broken pages on the project page that need fixing.
- 7 Glass Armour
- 8 Respawns Checkbox
- 9 Can I still help out without the CS?
- 10 Notes on a character page
- 11 VAmpire cure problem
- 12 Gray Fox unmask...
- 13 Wanted Pages
- 14 Race Presets
- 15 Senior Project - Helping Out
- 16 The Blue Chest on High Hrothgar is a Safe Storage Location
Someone add something about how to tell the day of the week.
I can't seem to figure out how to tell what day it is. In one article here it states that Mazoga the Orc goes hunting for Black Bow Bandits on "Monday's at 2pm" etc...but I can't tell what day is Monday and so on. I was able to find this: (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tamriel:Calendar#Days_of_the_Week), but if someone could use an actual date such as "Hearthfire 3E3443" or whatever and break it down with a visual it would be greatly appreciated.
- I'm not quite sure what you're having trouble with. It displays the Elder Scrolls-name of the day of the week in the lower-right hand corner in both the map and quest screens, and also shows just the day of the week in the wait menu - as in, hit the wait key, and it'll tell you what time and day of the week it currently is. You just linked a page that lists which days of the week in Skyrim are analogous to normal days of the week, but they're fairly straightforward: Sundas is Sunday, Morndas is Monday, Tirdas is Tuesday, Middas (Middle of the week!) is Wednesday, Turdas is Thursday, Fredas is Friday, Loredas is Saturday, and then we're back to Sundas. Why do you even need to know the date when the day of the week is right there in the same description?
It would be cool if you could click on a location and a screenshot would appear of the location.
Oblivion Try Out
I think many people would like something like a CREATOR, so you can see if you choose race NORD, birthsign WARRIOR and class WARRIOR how much strength you have, endurance etc...
Is it a bad idea? Why? Or is it a good idea? And why?
- Also, the wiki tends to stick with American spelling, except when superceded by the game itself. DisplacedAvenger 13:20, 9 July 2007 (EDT)
- There's actually already a website that has what you're looking for: Oblivion Character Creation (and there is a link to that site on UESP's Character Creation page). If someone wants to also develop some tools for UESP, they're welcome to, although tools like that on the site are not part of the wiki, which adds some complications to writing/uploading/maintaining them. --NepheleTalk 22:28, 9 July 2007 (EDT)
My first contribution to a wiki (apologies if it's in the wrong place) — the 10, 10, 10, leveling strategy.
I've not posted to a wiki before (this is really confusing)
Anyway, I just wanted to draw your attention to my 10,10,10 Leveling Strategy thread at Bethsoft.com
It's a new way of leveling (or at least I've not seen it anywhere else) for pure characters, and includes my reasoning behind it:
Thought you might like to add it to the site.
- There's already a complete discussion of how to get 3 +5 attribute modifiers (or 2 +5, and +1 to luck) at Oblivion:Efficient Leveling. If you have any feedback on the page or any information you believe needs to be added, that article and its talk page would be the most appropriate place. --NepheleTalk 12:59, 18 October 2007 (EDT)
Page for each person
I think we should all make a page on each person in all the games. For example: Make a page for Caius Coscades that is all about him. This would result in the entire website being linked very well and it would help people locate characters easily and know a bit more about them. I will start a few pages on people that haven't got their own pages yet. If the admin think this is a good idea then let me know.
Matthewest--Oblivion and Morrowind player. Xbox user only. 02:34, 21 January 2008 (EST)
- Oblivion already has pages for everybody but we're not planning to do the same for Morrowind. Caius Cosades already has his own page as do a lot of others but due to the large number of NPCs in Morrowind we've decided not to create pages for non-relevant NPCs that aren't involved in quests and don't offer services. For more details, see this page. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 02:45, 21 January 2008 (EST)
Broken pages on the project page that need fixing.
I have always wondered why the stroked pages have never been fixed. Maybe somebody should get onto this. --Matthewest 23:46, 31 January 2008 (EST)
- Unfortunately, these are Special Pages, which can't be changed by anyone, even Admins. The problem lies in the wiki's code itself, which can only be edited by Daveh, and he'd first have to figure out exactly what's causing these pages not to work properly. Rest assured, he's been made aware of the problems, but Daveh is a busy guy, and doesn't necessarily have the time to work on these less-than-vital issues. So we'll just have to wait until he gets around to them. In the meantime, there's still plenty to do that doesn't require the use of these broken tools. --TheRealLurlock Talk 23:53, 31 January 2008 (EST)
- Ok thankyou for letting me know. --Matthewest 00:04, 1 February 2008 (EST)
(Question moved to UESPWiki:Reference Desk#Glass Armour)
Wouldn't it be a good idea to add another section of animal and NPC page descriptions saying whether of not they respawn? E.G. for the page for a specific NPC (e.g. Hlallu Guard, or Coventina Celata) or Specific Animal (e.g. rat) have a checkbox saying whether they respawn or not. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 6 August 2009
- For NPCs, we do have one - take a look at Oblivion:Lerexus Callidus. Since most NPCs don't respawn (I can't think of any Morrowind characters at all) we don't bother showing "No" and instead just put the flag on the ones that do.
- For creatures it's the reverse. Since almost all creatures respawn there isn't much point adding a flag stating so. There may be unique creatures that don't respawn but it's usually obvious in context. –rpeh•T•C•E• 09:30, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
- Furthermore, for nearly all creatures and generic enemy NPCs, respawning is not dependent upon the individual creature/NPC. Rather, respawning is determined by the leveled list used in a given location. So a given creature may respawn in one location, but not another. All of the Oblivion dungeon pages explicitly state when an enemy will not respawn. --NepheleTalk 19:36, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
Can I still help out without the CS?
I have an XBox copy of Morrowind with all the expansions, and a copy of Oblivion for XBox 360, so i can't use the command console or the construction set, but can I still help?--BLBE 18:27, 2 January 2010 (UTC)
- Absolutely. Even without the CS there's still lots to do. Checking our quest walkthroughs is always helpful; adding the in-game verification for the Oblivion Places Redesign Project would be great; adding info or checking it for the Oblivion NPC Redesign Project would also be great. We also have a list of tasks that need doing, some of which could be done without the CS. Even just reading the articles and fixing grammar and spelling would be a huge help. Thanks for the interest! –rpeh•T•C•E• 18:37, 2 January 2010 (UTC)
Notes on a character page
Is it ok to put a Notes section on a character page? If not, where should i put interesting little tidbits?188.8.131.52 00:17, 21 April 2010 (UTC)
- If you're not sure if something belongs on an article, the best thing to do is ask on the article's talk page. --GKtalk2me 00:57, 21 April 2010 (UTC)
VAmpire cure problem
I am doing the vamire cure quest and i am giving the witcht he ingredients for the cure i have given her all of them exept the blood grass which she needs two of, but I cant give her the blood grass, when i talk to her bllod grass isnt highlighted, and if i click on it she just tells me about it, I do have the blood grass, i need 2 but have way more than that, and i dont know why its not working? — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 18 May 2010
Gray Fox unmask...
if i'm not mistaken there's a way to know the identity of gray fox prior to the giving the ring to the countess... it start up a new conversation with gray fox during his missions
i once did it loong ago, but now i'm replaying the game but i forgot how
i believe it's a combination of talking to the countess once.. and getting the nonobjective objects like the gray cowl's instruction, jakben's diary..... and especially talking to 'a stranger' every time we finished a task from gray fox before we raise our fences
at the ultimate heist, the dialog change, if i'm not mistaken, into something like
character: "i think i know who u are... bla bla bla"
gray fox: "then you what must be done... bla bla bla"
something like those..
Wanted Pages includes a 'Skyrim Talk:Skyrim' which has been banned from existence. Can someone remove the link from the Wanted Pages? Linara/Nell 20:24, 19 January 2011 (UTC)
I apologize in advance if this isn't the correct place for this or if it already exists (I looked, I swear!)
I'm an artist and I enjoy drawing Morrowind related stuff, and this site has always been a huge help with reference for armor, weapons, flora/fauna, etc etc! But I've always thought it might be cool if there was included on the race pages pictures of all the face and hair presets. Either do each face with every hair style, or do all the faces with a single hair style, and then just pick one face to do all the hair styles with. Thanks for your consideration! — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 12:43 on 22 October 2011
Senior Project - Helping Out
Hello, my name is Alex and I've made my Senior Project (also known as Culminating Project) to update this site's Skyrim page to as high of a quality as it can be. If you have any pages that you would like updated, added, or overall revised, please send me an email at email@example.com. I will not respond to spam, threats, look at any file attachments, etc, but I will respond to ALL serious requests. — Unsigned comment by 7319ABowers (talk • contribs) at 18:24 on 8 February 2013
- Anyone is free to edit pages, and requesting someone else to do it is unattributable. Anyone looking for official projects can look at our Task List, and join in there. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 20:28, 8 February 2013 (GMT)
The Blue Chest on High Hrothgar is a Safe Storage Location
- Discussion moved to Skyrim_talk:Containers#The Blue Chest on High Hrothgar