Featured images follow the same nomination process as for Featured Articles, but as they appear in a different section of the main page, a separate series of votes is held to decide which images meet the required standard.
For an image to be eligible for Featured status, it must be used in a UESP article. This is to prevent specially-taken beauty shots from stealing the limelight.
Featured Image Process
Any registered member can nominate any image at any time. Nominated images should be of high quality and meet the site's image standards.
To nominate an image, list it on the bottom of this page with a three-tier heading, (
===Example===), and briefly explain why you think the image should be given featured status.
|File:SR-quest-Dragon Rising 05.jpg
This is another great image. It appears cinematic, which is rare for the TES series.
After an image has been nominated, any registered member can vote to support or oppose each nomination. Each member can only vote once for a given image, but a member may change his/her vote by striking out the original vote and replacing it with the revised vote.
To vote on an image, state whether you support or oppose the image for featured image status. A vote should be in bold, and all votes must be signed. For example:
* '''Support''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Oppose''': <Comment> --~~~~
Commenting with your vote is optional, but if you oppose a nomination, please state how the image must be improved to get your support for featured status.
If you are not yet ready to vote but would still like to add your thoughts, you may use:
* '''Comment''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Question''': <Question> --~~~~
And fill in your concerns or questions.
UESP Administrators will periodically make decisions on image nominations. Decisions will only be made if:
- The image has been nominated for more than seven days.
- Five or more votes have been placed.
Nominations not meeting these criteria will be left open until a decision can be reached.
Images whose nominations pass will receive featured image status on the front page for two weeks (which may be extended up to one month if there is a shortage of images), and receive a small bronze star () on the top right corner. If an image achieves featured status before the present featured image's time expires, it must wait its turn.
Current Featured Image
- File:ON-place-Volendrung.jpg 21 April, 2020 – 21 May, 2020
Nominations and Votes
A really great depiction of how far ESO has come in its character animations. This isn't even the main focus of any scene in the related quest, it's a small gem that the devs decided to put in as a way of building up the overall atmosphere of the situation. The scene itself is frightening, the Daedra are choking a sapiarch as he's hanging off the edge of a balcony to an endless abyss below, moments away from death; it's just an overall great shot.
- Support: As nominator. —The Rim of the Sky (talk) 19:07, 25 July 2019 (UTC)
- Weak Oppose: I can see the appeal of this picture, but for me the dull lighting and smallness of the main subject make me hesitant to support. Also, is it just me or does the angle make the bench and banner look very isometric/out of place? —Dillonn241 (talk) 09:09, 27 July 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose: Good image, but an angle a little bit closer to the action might be better, though I don't know whether or not that is feasible. I agree with the previous opposition as well on the lighting. Forfeit (talk) 20:58, 12 October 2019 (GMT)
- Oppose: Too dark and hard to look at for me when it's a thumbnail. That makes it very hard for me to want to show this off on the main page where most people will see it as a thumbnail. -damon talk ♥ contribs 18:28, 29 February 2020 (GMT)
Depicts a wolf howling with a beautiful background, pretty self explanatory really.
- Support: As nominator. Zebendal (talk) 07:10, 11 January 2020 (GMT)
- Weak Oppose: Not because it is a bad image, but we have had several featured images of wolves and werewolves howling by moonlight, including one very similar to this proposal. However, it is only a weak oppose as they are all still different enough that I wouldn't be mad if this proposal passed. --Ilaro (talk) 13:35, 11 January 2020 (GMT)
- Support: Whilst we have had similar images in the past, this is still a good image and we haven't had a featured image similar in a number of years so I wouldn't consider that an issue. Kiz(email - talk) 16:38, 11 January 2020 (GMT)
- Support: Owoooooooo! Forfeit (talk) 02:13, 26 January 2020 (GMT)
- Oppose Per the above, this image is far too similar to File:SR-creature-Pack Member 02.jpg which was previously featured, and ranks below it by my comparison. Good image - but it doesn't wow me. —Legoless (talk) 02:18, 26 January 2020 (GMT)
- Oppose: I agree with Legoless to a degree. I'm not opposed to featuring a similar image, I nominated an image similar to an older one once myself and saw it pass the nomination, but it was of a reasonably different subject and was, in my opinion, better than the original that I had nominated. This one is too similar to other ones of a similar style of picture, and it's subject is not even particularly bright or pleasing to look at, in my opinion and isn't good enough for the front page. -damon talk ♥ contribs 18:28, 29 February 2020 (GMT)
Depicts the warrior, mage, and thief constellations, pretty important in lore. Plus its a trial image which is annoying to take screenshots in. Take into account the fact that 11 other players could ruin a well timed screenshot, this image is nice to consider with that in mind.
- Support: As nominator. Zebendal (talk) 01:30, 29 February 2020 (GMT)
- Support: Excellent depiction and a difficult shot to get. —Legoless (talk) 18:26, 29 February 2020 (GMT)
- Support: Love it, looks great, set up great! Definitely has the potential to be an FI! -damon talk ♥ contribs 18:28, 29 February 2020 (GMT)
- Support: Looks good! Forfeit (talk) 05:26, 8 March 2020 (GMT)