Featured images follow the same nomination process as for Featured Articles, but as they appear in a different section of the main page, a separate series of votes is held to decide which images meet the required standard.
For an image to be eligible for Featured status, it must be used in a UESP article. This is to prevent specially-taken beauty shots from stealing the limelight.
Featured Image Process
Any registered member can nominate any image at any time. Nominated images should be of high quality and meet the site's image standards.
To nominate an image, list it on the bottom of this page with a three-tier heading, (
===Example===), and briefly explain why you think the image should be given featured status.
|File:SR-quest-Dragon Rising 05.jpg
This is another great image. It appears cinematic, which is rare for the TES series.
After an image has been nominated, any registered member can vote to support or oppose each nomination. Each member can only vote once for a given image, but a member may change his/her vote by striking out the original vote and replacing it with the revised vote.
To vote on an image, state whether you support or oppose the image for featured image status. A vote should be in bold, and all votes must be signed. For example:
* '''Support''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Oppose''': <Comment> --~~~~
Commenting with your vote is optional, but if you oppose a nomination, please state how the image must be improved to get your support for featured status.
If you are not yet ready to vote but would still like to add your thoughts, you may use:
* '''Comment''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Question''': <Question> --~~~~
And fill in your concerns or questions.
UESP Administrators will periodically make decisions on image nominations. Decisions will only be made if:
- The image has been nominated for more than seven days.
- Five or more votes have been placed.
Nominations not meeting these criteria will be left open until a decision can be reached.
Images whose nominations pass will receive featured image status on the front page for two weeks (which may be extended up to one month if there is a shortage of images), and receive a small bronze star () on the top right corner. If an image achieves featured status before the present featured image's time expires, it must wait its turn.
Current Featured Image
Nominations and Votes
Somehow this monster image has caught my attention, and I think nominating it might finally give me some peace... It has nice colors, a cool green glow, and the thumbnail is awesome. And when I looked beyond that I realized that it is actually a very proper ESO boss image, with good focus. Usually it's quite dark inside caves and it's not always possible to capture images so that they look like this; often they turn out a dark, unclear mess instead :p Luckily, (sometimes) you do not need a big size image and hours of work to capture an impressive portrait.
- Oppose: While a well-captured screenshot, I simply do not see anything that makes this image worthy of FI material. The pose and background are fine, but neither one is particularly remarkable. It is simply just another good creature image on the site. Forfeit (talk) 22:37, 10 May 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose: What Forfeit said. It's also rather blurry in full size. Weroj (talk) 13:22, 19 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support: The color palette for this image is very heavily vibrant and green, two things which have been somewhat lacking in a Featured Image for a while now. Also, it's now square. Echo (talk) 19:01, 19 May 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose: Too small, unfortunately. Minimum is about 800px to be considered good enough to keep ~ Dwarfmp (talk) 09:43, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
I came across this neat image today: a nice action shot with a good angle and cool light effects: the glow on the dragon and its Thu'um make a nice contrast to the night sky, and the moon in the background tops it all off. It also would be a good time to feature a Skyrim shot, what with the Heroes of Skyrim expansion for Legends coming out soon and Switchrim and Skyrim VR being featured at E3.
- Support: As nominator. ~ Alarra (talk • contribs) 01:40, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
- Support: Need to remind them that dragons don't have 6 limbs. —Legoless (talk) 02:43, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
- Support: I like it. Looks very intimidating. Forfeit (talk) 04:06, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
- Support: Let's do this -- SarthesArai Talk 16:18, 21 June 2017 (UTC)