Featured images follow the same nomination process as for Featured Articles, but as they appear in a different section of the main page, a separate series of votes is held to decide which images meet the required standard.
For an image to be eligible for Featured status, it must be used in a UESP article. This is to prevent specially-taken beauty shots from stealing the limelight.
Featured Image Process
Any registered member can nominate any image at any time. Nominated images should be of high quality and meet the site's image standards.
To nominate an image, list it on the bottom of this page with a three-tier heading, (
===Example===), and briefly explain why you think the image should be given featured status.
|File:SR-quest-Dragon Rising 05.jpg
This is another great image. It appears cinematic, which is rare for the TES series.
After an image has been nominated, any registered member can vote to support or oppose each nomination. Each member can only vote once for a given image, but a member may change his/her vote by striking out the original vote and replacing it with the revised vote.
To vote on an image, state whether you support or oppose the image for featured image status. A vote should be in bold, and all votes must be signed. For example:
* '''Support''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Oppose''': <Comment> --~~~~
Commenting with your vote is optional, but if you oppose a nomination, please state how the image must be improved to get your support for featured status.
If you are not yet ready to vote but would still like to add your thoughts, you may use:
* '''Comment''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Question''': <Question> --~~~~
And fill in your concerns or questions.
UESP Administrators will periodically make decisions on image nominations. Decisions will only be made if:
- The image has been nominated for more than seven days.
- Five or more votes have been placed.
Nominations not meeting these criteria will be left open until a decision can be reached.
Images whose nominations pass will receive featured image status on the front page for two weeks (which may be extended up to one month if there is a shortage of images), and receive a small bronze star () on the top right corner. If an image achieves featured status before the present featured image's time expires, it must wait its turn.
Current Featured Image
Nominations and Votes
A beautiful HD shot of a rather small creature in ESO. It's actually a Crown Crate-exclusive pet collectible, so it's difficult enough to get an image of without actually owning it. Certainly illustrates the step up in model quality compared to the first appearance of these creatures!
- Support: As nominator. —Legoless (talk) 22:00, 22 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support: Good quality and it would be neat to have an insect as a featured image! I'm expecting some opposition because the fly blends into the background somewhat, but I don't think it's a big issue. —Dillonn241 (talk) 09:04, 29 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support: I like it as well. It's REALLY cool. Timeoin (talk) 18:03, 29 January 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose: While I'd really like to have an insect as featured image, I don't think I can support this one. Its head, especially its eye, is hard to distinguish from the rock formation in the background. In my opinion, the features of the creature and background need to be more distinct. --Ilaro (talk) 21:13, 29 January 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose: There's really not much interesting in the photo. I suppose the detail on the wings is cool, but aside from that this image doesn't stand out from most others. The Rim of the Sky (talk) 21:47, 26 February 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose: While the wings are truly awesome in this image, the rest of the image seems blurry and unfocused. Fullerton ﴾talk﴿ 21:09, 23 March 2018 (UTC)
This is a very rare small creature that occasionally spawns in the depths of Imperial City (it is an open PvP zone, for those of you who do not play ESO). The image is sharp and I like the red glow surrounding the scamp. It looks evil! :D Lastly, I also think the thumbnail looks great, so this is definitely an image worthy of FI status in my eyes.
- Support: As nominator. Tib (talk) 09:54, 19 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support: Never even seen one of these guys, and they're designed to run away from the player. Not sure how an image this good was captured! —Legoless (talk) 21:39, 19 February 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose: The visual effects appear to be discoordinated and jittery, obscuring the appearance of the image's subject. Fullerton ﴾talk﴿ 21:09, 23 March 2018 (UTC)
- Support: I like how the red effect combined with the reddish creature looks. It makes the image stand out. —Dillonn241 (talk) 21:57, 23 March 2018 (UTC)
Really like the lighting on this picture, especially the shadows
- Support: as nominator. --SMcM (talk) 10:55, 29 March 2018 (UTC)
- Support: Very cool. The lighting and shadows definitely make it look more intimidating. -damon talk ♥ contribs 13:28, 29 March 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose: The image is a little too dark and the creature too similar in color to the background I think for a featured image. It's fine on its own of course, but there are other images here that stand out better. —Dillonn241 (talk) 00:56, 25 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support: While the colours are a bit bland, the shadows look amazing. I think that even with the small thumbnail it is good enough to see the details. --Ilaro (talk) 13:57, 28 June 2018 (UTC)
- Neutral: It's a nice shot but the lower third detracts from it quite a bit. There's a white spot near her leg and the lack of lighting on the stairs isn't great. Perhaps if the shot was retaken to focus higher up, showing more of her shadow on the wall and less of the stairs, it would greatly improve the image. The Rim of the Sky (talk) 21:07, 29 June 2018 (UTC)
- Comment: The 'white spot near her leg' appears to be a lantern on it's side if you zoom in- not a glitch, so in my opinion that isn't really an issue. --SMcM (talk) 22:29, 10 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support: Spooky. Exactly how you want an image like this be. Tib (talk) 20:39, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
I really like how this picture emphasizes the vastness of the cavern that Fang Lair is located in and the details of the Dwemer architecture. The bright mushrooms growing among the ruins and the stalactites at the top add finishing touches which results in a really interesting image.